25 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 25 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

what is the best way to carry a spare on a 25 roadster Pickup ?
440/450-21

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

You might consider the design available for the '26-7 pickup. If you are not familiar, it is attached to the top support and attached to the running board. I can send you a picture tomorrow if you are interested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 11:56 pm:

I am interested as I own a 25 pickup. Also need to know where to find the accessory mounts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 12:32 am:

There are several ways to do it.I saw one made from an old rear radius rod.I make a RB mount that may also work I have also seen one mounted under the bed where the tire just slides in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 12:42 am:

I used a very long 1/2" carriage bolt through the truck bed, then through a lug hole and used a wing nut to hold it in place.

I just upgraded this Apple and now my picture library is all screwed up and I can't find a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 07:47 am:

I made my own carrier modeled after an accessory that was available in '25. It uses a stock T rear carrier from a roadster or T car to actually hold the rim/tire and then I added the braces etc. 4 bolts thru the running board and two X braces the bolt to the frame passing between the body and the apron. I used existing holes in the frame. I will research my pictures and can send them to you. I recall that Steve Coniff and Larry Smith both helped me with pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 07:48 am:

Some ideas here. Mostly about wire wheels.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/273465.html?1331267584

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 09:00 am:

Sure like this one - doesn't block the door from opening!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 09:09 am:

I use one of Jack Daron's carriers on my 1924 cut-off touring:

pic1

pic2

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Mine is an original aftermarket accessory, but it wouldn't be too difficult to make one similar.

spare

There's no door to block on the left side, so it works out fine. The ones Uncle Jack makes are simple and straightforward, and they work well too. If you get one of those, you'll need to get two leather straps like the ones in the top saddles.

And it's off this topic, but since that picture is up, I'll point out a couple of unexpected scores from Chickasha. One is the pair of NOS (!) in-the-box Macbeth headlight lenses. They weren't cheap and the seller refused to come down any on the price, but where else are you gonna' find brand-new ones?

The other score is the hood, bought from George House. It's an original, not a repro, and George said he took it to a body man and had him work on it and paint it. I later found out that it was Ken Kopsky who restored the hood. Thanks, Ken, you did a great job! I had a pretty good hood on the car, but this one is much nicer. It looks like now I'll need to buff out the paint on the rest of the car. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Period accessory, using Ford parts, forget the maker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

As promised, here is a picture of what I have for the '26-7 pickup. I believe it was a Ford part. I have seen a few others over the years. Perhaps they were Canadian only

Also just for "pickup interest", here is the pickup license plate and tail light bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 11:48 am:

The tailight pictured above is incorrect, but the bracket is real. I don't see a real '25 pickup pictured here at all, but in mine I just carry the spare in the bed. Works for me, however, at some point, I would like to mount a carrier like David Dewey posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

If you don't mind being "incorrect", here's one that's pretty simple to make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

Four 3/8 X 8 carriage bolts will work for Me.
ca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Ya I was going to say in the bed, that's what they are for! :-) I like the one Steve shows.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration