Night drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Night drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Just got back from a 6 mile night drive in my nearly bone stock 25 roadster pick up.
I say nearly stock because it has one of those
E-Devices on it to protect the generator. A fun projects voltage regulator. Roller timer & coils.
I have never ran a roller timer on a T car before.
New Day, Anderson & E- timers I am familiar with.
E-Timers sure run smoother! & baby the coils like the voltage regulator does the Generator.
Two great products for the Model T fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

Wow Dean, you ventured out to use the "E" word.......E-Timer & E-lectronic voltage regulator.

Both great new modern items for the Model T for better experience in driving.

Have used both products, but have fallen from T "grace" going with a Becker 6volt alternator instead. E-Timer still powers the '26 Runabout ignition.

What long distance ventures are on you list for this year ???

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Bob, I think Dean is driving to Alaska on his way to the Calgary tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

I like driving the Flivver at night. Mine has the same two E devices you mentioned and the regulator really makes night driving worry free. I'm off to a pistol range tonight and will take the Flivver to enjoy the cool night air.

Vintage Paul

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration