2 speed shortened rear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2 speed shortened rear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

Can someone tell me what this 2 speed shortened rear end might be worth? Thanks in advance.
rear
rear2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

Model TT Ruckstell. As it is narrowed it may have been in a snowmobile. My two cents worth, perhaps over valued. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 07:28 am:

I might give $100 for the parts...or reconvert it into a TT rear axle. Lotsa work.
But someone might want it for a doodlebug, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 08:03 am:

Narrowed TT rear ends are very common in doodlebugs - almost standard issue. Am sure there is someone out there with a doodlebug who needs one and would give you a few bucks for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 08:16 am:

Thanks guys. Exactly what I was looking for. With no point of reference, this helps:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

My experience with modified TT Ruckstells is not good. I have purchased several in the last few years that were a mess inside. It seems that the strains put on them for use other than the original purpose is too hard on them. Most of the parts form these Ruckstell's were unusable but I didn't find that out until I opened them up. Be careful.

diff1

diff3

diff4

diff5

diff6

diff7

diff10

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration