Cochrane Alberta Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Cochrane Alberta Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX. on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 03:03 am:

Who's going?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryce Putnam Peoria AZ on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 09:00 am:

I just received my conformation last night, had been waiting on the reserve list as second in line for a cancellation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Planing to be there banner #12.
Hopefully this will be on my way south. Lots of work to get done in 8 weeks to make that happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 11:41 am:

Several people from the Great Falls, Missoula and Bozeman area in Montana are going. I decided not to go, I have been on a couple tours there before and have seen the country where they are going, I decided to let some flatlander see what the mountains look like in Alberta, so I will not be attending the tour but will probably run up for a day and visit with everybody. It's only about 5 hours from here in a new car, two days or more in a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Good Luck Dean! Hope to see you there, Stan.

We're car # 55 and looking forward to another tour with our friends in 96,

CYA There, Have a safe trip and don't forget to send in your car pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

Here is a shot of some of the scenery you will enjoy on day four of the tour. The snow will likely be gone by then but there is a good chance of spotting some sheep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

We are car #21. Looking forward to the trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 06:28 pm:

While this link is for the Model A club the info is the same for going into Canada;
http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166254

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

That's good info Mark,

It's not a bad idea to check this site to find out before you drive up to the border crossing.

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

They will maybe want to know that you are not going to sell the car once you get there.

Registration and current insurance papers along with your passport will most likely be checked. It would be a bad idea to have a copy of the tour info just in case.

It would help if the tour committee has notified the CBSA about the event. I've been researching what is required to bring sample products across the border without paying taxes and tariff. Thanks to NAFTA it should be easier.

I hoping we'll all meet up with a nice guy and let us all pass on thru.

One other BIG thing... NO GUNS or convicted felons might have a hard time. Looks like some beautiful scenery and we can hardly wait to drive our T up that road!

See Ya There!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX. on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

We're # 106. Should arrive on the 5th day of travel. Houston-Amarillo-Cheyenne-Billings-Lethbridge-Cochrane. Whew!!!!! We leave on the 8th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

We are also looking forward to another tour with Gene and Jackie.

And seeing friends like Mike and Beth.

Hope to see you Stan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 12:30 am:

#95 waiting for my wheels from Mel's. Everything else is done and ready to roll.

Don't forget your passport, or enhanced drivers license. I suggest certified title copy and, insurance papers. If you take the originals they may think you are going to sell the car in Canada. been there done that.

A note for the ladies, don't try to being back any vegetation, flowers, live growing plants. It takes an act of god to get them back into the US unless you go through the hoops with Dept of agriculture permits and Canadian agriculture wavers, been there and done that too, just ask my wife.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:53 am:

When you get to the border and it says ARRETT on the sign, stop there!!! Wait to pull up to the window. They are videoing your vehicle and probably running the plates to see who you are and where you are from. They can be very unhappy if you don't stop where it says STOP!! Ask me how I know this.

Living here in northwest Montana, I go to Alberta, Canada pretty often. Take your passport, every person over 16? 18? in the vehicle has to have one. They will want to see them coming and going. The card is OK but I just hand them my passport. I've never really had a problem but they can make your life pretty miserable if they want to. Also, if you or anyone in your vehicle is not an American citizen they are going to want to see a valid passport from whatever country they are a citizen of when you go in and come back. Several years ago a friend sat at the border for three days waiting to get his girlfriend back into the US who was a Danish citizen but did not have a passport with her. They would not let her in to the US without it. Remember you not only have to get in to Canada, you have to get back into the US. No fruit, no meat or meat products other than some kinds of processed lunch meats, etc. It is worth reading the regs about going both ways. The border is not as open as it used to be. In the last 33 years in the auction business, we have had a couple auctions for the border confiscation agencies. Some pretty nice vehicles. Several pickups, some vans, a couple camp trailers.

Don't try to take a handgun or ammo. They have no sense of humor at all in Canada about hand guns. None. No. Nada. Zip. Jail time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

And as I learned the hard way the last time we came back to the US from Canada, have your prescriptions and your pills in the bottles or prepare for a hassle. You may not be asked for them but if you are it's a PITA if you don't have the right stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

These are the sheep that Robb Wolff, who posted a great picture above, was referring to. This was taken near Canmore, about 20 miles west of Cochran.
Bighorn Sheep Bighorn Sheep 2

I was riding with Robb on a tour of Elbow Falls, near Cochran, in Sept. 2013. He was nice enough to stop for this picture of the "Gateway to Texas" or at least that is what I told him the sign was designating.

Texas Gate

You may get to see both of these on the Tour this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Looks like a great tour, but, fifteen days on the road pulling a trailer there and back is too much for us.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

My wife took this picture during Pincher Creek Tour a couple of years ago. This was in the Peace Park, we were going up a good hill and this guy was coming down. He stopped and I stopped about 20' apart. My wife had the camera in her lap and took this photograph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

g

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration