MTFCA Cookies - What name is bing used?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MTFCA Cookies - What name is bing used?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

I thought I had my username/password not being remembered problem fixed but it's only working on the a single thread at a time. It works for the User Profile but not for forum threads. It remembers the password as long as I stay on the same thread.

Apparently, the cookie is not stored under "mtfca dot com" as I don't see it listed anywhere. Is it under a third-party ID? That could be another problem. I don't accept third-party cookies in general. If I knew the name, I could save it in my cookie cleaner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Trial Test 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

Trial test 2.

Works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

I think I found a fix for this four year old problem of the MTFCA password not storing/recalling on threads. It seems MTFCA doesn't use the normal cookie method at all. It uses a rather old and unsecure method of DOM storage.(Document Object Model) This is the reason it tanked for most people that use Internet Explorer 9.0 and above.

I may not keep the fix since it does use DOM storage but at least I finally found the cause. DOM storage is not very secure and allows other websites to use and store potentially dangerous scripts on your PC. And since it can't be implemented on a per-site basis, I guess I'll have to revert back to entering the password on each post.

(Message edited by ccwken on April 13, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Peanut butter, or chocolate chip?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

I have the same problem,but so far,a message to Chris has not provided any solution. It is a PITA having to enter it every time you post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

I'm with Steve on this one -
either Peanut butter of Chocolate chip will be OK

My granddaughter would insist on double stuffed Oreo -
The picture on the box shows a thick layer white stuff between the chocolate cookies but it seems to be missing after my granddaughter opens the box :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

It's not worth the risk of enabling it Jack. This area is used by what's called "Super Cookies". If you do, it will allow any site you visit under IE to use up to 10MB of your disk space to store whatever they want. The other browsers vary from 5MB in Firefux on up. This is NOT OS dependent. It's used by all of them. The space will also be used by Flash Player if you make it available. Not having it enabled doesn't seem to affect Flash Player though. What disabling will do is keep websites from storing data (or scripts) on your PC. That 10MB is per-site.

I think that's why the newer (better) browsers default to turning DOM storage off. It's a major security hole. Just the short time I had it turned on, I found a 61KB file full of scripts from Yahoo and I didn't even visit Yahoo. I have it blocked!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

My favorite cookie is oatmeal chocolate chip (forget raisins)

Sorry I can't really help with the computer issue much. As you, Ken K (and at least a hundred other people) know, computer programmers in general and I don't get along very well. You, however, are just fine.
But good on luck getting it to work how you want it.
And do drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

I don't mind logging in my username/password each time because frankly I do NOT want either being stored on the computer, ever. Too easy for hackers to get ahold of it and then Katie bar the door! Passwords should NEVER be stored on the computer. Like leaving the door open to the henhouse for the fox to get in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

If there is malwear on your computer, any time you are on line and use your pass word they can hack it. If you want to be safe(er), turn off the computer when not in use. Unless you have it set not to remember pass word the computer remembers it, even then I wouldn't be too sure as it might be still there someplace on your hard drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Back in 1999 or early 2000 when I got my first "virus" in a computer it was the Pretty Park virus.I can not remember for sure but I think it was a keyboard monitoring virus that sent all entry's by keyboard to the hacker somehow. In other words,your computer did not have to store anything way back then,I doubt it has to now for a hacker to get it.I don't do my banking online so although a virus and dead computer would be a major aggravation, my bank wont be bothered with it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration