Holley NH spray nozzle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holley NH spray nozzle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

Started to work on a friends Holley NH. It's from a new to him 1926 Model TT truck. Over the week end we tried to start the truck but could not. The carburetor was filled with gunk and varnish. This afternoon I got the spray nozzle 6214B out of the casting and it is plugged. I'll poke a wire through it to clean it out. I was wondering what size the hole is so I could run a drill bit through it. Anyone know? Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

Slightly smaller than one bit in your set and slightly bigger than the next one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Gee.... is that it? Well, after working and soaking this hard crud, it finally came out. It appears that the head is brass and the stem is steel. It was so dirty, it was hard to tell what it was.

Gently I tried a couple number bits, making sure not to damage the orifice, I found that a #30 will fit the large end and a #53 the small.

For what it's worth. Mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration