1925 TT Original Stake Bed Restoration Complete!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1925 TT Original Stake Bed Restoration Complete!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan in Illinois on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

After about 7 months of on-and-off work, I finally got the stake bed of my TT completely stripped of paint, lettered, oiled and sealed. I sanded the bed, which is about 60% original wood and 40% replaced (quite a while ago) and stained it with a Satin Spar Urethane varnish, which is typically used on wooden boats.

Pictures:

Sanded:

Varnished:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

Very nice Ryan. It looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

Nice, I love the look and the old hardware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Great job. Looks nice and old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Very nice toast rack. Patina is perfect and spar varnish is good so you can sand a little and touch it up. Plus varnish does not turn white like Varathane. Great job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Nice job, Ryan. It looks great! Nice old house, too. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration