**The Holley G and Kingston 5 Ball Revisited**

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: **The Holley G and Kingston 5 Ball Revisited**
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 06:24 am:

I reconfigured my initial drawing, had to move things around some, and sometimes squeeze things a tad too. But here are the Holley G 1914-1917 (early model), the Kingston 5 Ball, 1909-1911.

I made a promise to John Regan that I'd try and get Ford Catalog numbers and Ford Factory numbers onto my drawings along with the list of Change Dates. I've got to tell you guys, it wasn't easy, and my drawings look more than a bit crowded, but I hope this works for John as well as you guys.

To read the numbers here is an example.

4814,9/20/12-20

The top number is the Ford Catalog number (and on the drawing is in bold, FB doesn't allow for any font changing that I know of), the number under that and to the left of the comma is the Ford Factory number. The numbers to the right of the comma are the Change Date and or Issuance Date of that part, which is;
Sept. 20, 1912-1920.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

Martin, you're doing some great work. Are these drawings listed some where, so a gut could look at them and maybe print them off? Thanks Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

These numbers are taken directly from Bruce McCalley's "Parts Catalog" and portions of his Encyclopedia. All I've done is put a drawing to his research. There are some parts however that don't have numbers, I'm guessing that he couldn't find any information or mention of these parts during the course of his research or if they do have numbers he couldn't find the Factory number for them nor any other info.

Mike, Chris Brancaccio mentioned putting them on the forum here, but nothing ever came of it. Don Lang, I think is planning on putting them on his web site as reference material, where they're free to download for the good of the hobby and I think some of them are in his new catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

I have the Kingston 5 ball on my 1910 and I have been told that part number 4136 & 4137 only existed on the 1910-11 Late Version. It will only work with pn 4124 at an angle and pointing to the front of the car, thereby missing the intake manifold. The 90 degree 4124 points to the rear of the car and the up pipe will not fit.

FYI, the Linkert Brass Float found on TBay works as an exact replacement for the factory float. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0 .Xlinkert+brass+float.TRS0&_nkw=linkert+brass+float&_sacat=0

My car runs great with this float.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Rod, ya know I couldn't figure out how it would work on the earlier years either, but the Ford Picture of the assemblies shows it as for both. Ok, I'll make that change to the other drawings, thanks.

As for the float, that's good to know, but I'm only concerned with drawing them as they originally were. Where to get replacement parts, isn't really my thing. You might let Don Lang or one of the other vendors know though, they're into replacement parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

Martin, 4104 is only used on the earliest version of the 1909, the production 1909 and later versions used 4104b. Very nice drawings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Kim, woo that's a biggy, ok I'll change that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

For Kim -- when you say earliest version of the 1909 could you give us an engine number range or cut off month(s)range etc. so we better understand what you mean. Bruce and others have often used the first 2500 as the earliest cars and those after 2500 as the regular production cars. [ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/1909.htm ] That way we won't accidently misinterpret your dating.

For Martin, I sent you an e-mail but I wanted to thank you here also for all your hard work at producing the exploded diagrams. I think they will be a help a lot of folks now and in the future. Also in my e-mail I mentioned that I will try to put together an explanation about Bruce's dates verses the change dates of parts. I think that may help you refine your text information a little more. And of course the information from folks like Kim that can look at the part or have looked at the part and can share some additional details that only someone who has or had one will know is fantastic.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to create the drawings. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them in the future.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Martin's illustrations are fantastic. Many generations to come will certainly benefit from his expertise. This is a monumental undertaking on his part and we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude. Besides all that, they are very cool.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration