1914 Touring Tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 Touring Tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 06:56 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-/201329579501?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ee0 2d95ed&item=201329579501

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 07:23 am:

Top / seat cushions front and rear look loose shouldn't be that hard to fix, and it's close to me, but I can't bid on it from work. Have to wait wait til I get home (T-bay is on the restricted sites "Gambling") must be a message in there somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 07:31 am:

Canadian '14, a fairly rare car to have. The 1909 front fenders and the True Fire would have to go if it were mine. Not much else to object to. A pretty nice car! I will expect it to top 20K easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Those front fenders are strange. They're built like '13-early '14 ones, but they're flatter at the front edge. Maybe some repro's that weren't made quite right? Or maybe that's how they made them in Canada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Very nice. There are a few details to correct, but I wouldn't turn it down if somebody wanted to give it to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Those are early 1909 fenders, repros made by Rootlieb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 11:17 am:

That would be a fun car to drive. I would love to have it. It does seem to have all repro sheet metal, running boards, fenders and splash shields etc. but sure looks nice. I didn't see what serial number it is but the drive train is 1913 calendar.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

It looks like the cast date is 10/31/14. What makes the Canadian '14 so rare?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

They made very few Canadian t's in 1914, and few survive. The driver side door is a big plus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

I enjoyed looking at the photos during lunch and having taken a second look, I believe anyone interested should look a lot closer. I would be concerned about the running gear itself for starters.

The car has been hit hard (or dropped) on the right front axle area. The right front wishbone has been buckled. Left rear wishbone seems to be broken off and a splice stuck in at the left rear brake rod support and back. It could have happened at the same time but I won't drive a T like that.

Check the wheels. May need a trip to Mr. Stutzmann but my original 1914 wheels need to go with them as well! I'm too poor to send my wheels now or bid on the '14. It's up to y'all.

I sure like that driver door though. Willie with the T Parts Birds has one. I've seen it.

Ken in Texas

(Message edited by drkbp on April 14, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

I see that too Ken, weird, because they are not that hard to replace?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

Ed,

It does make you wonder about what you can't see.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

Royce -- I'm not trying to start an argument, but look here at the difference between Rootlieb's '09 and '13 fenders:

http://www.rootlieb.com/fenders.html

On the 09's, the narrow part of the upper fender continues all the way down to the running board at the same narrow width. Scroll down to see the 13's, and they get much wider, all the way down to the firewall, then taper back into the running board. Like 14's, 15's, and 16's. That's what I meant by those on the '14 being made like '13-'14's, but flatter (squarer) on the front edge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

I agree Mike. They look like typical 1914 fenders, but square in the front. Bad reproduction, or Canadian oddity?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Bent wishbone from jacking the car from wishbone, bent/damaged radius rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

I agree, Mike, about the fenders, I don't think they are 1909.
Canadian fenders should have an extra bead on the outside edge. I just looked quickly, but I don't have a photo-sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 07:49 am:

After looking at the fenders some more, I agree Mike they are unlike any I am familiar with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:05 am:

I have the "square" front fenders that look like that on my 1914 Depot Hack (see profile photo). They were bought back about 1970 from someone who was reproducing fenders in Oregon. I was in high school and couldn't afford Rootlieb fenders so I bought those for $30 ea. For what I paid and the use I've got out of them...they work great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Verne -- I believe that's the bit of info that makes some sense of those fenders. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 08:24 am:

Verne's right. My '14 came with that style. They are early, incorrect repros although of good quality.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration