Way to coll see photo's 1924 Laundry truck body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Way to coll see photo's 1924 Laundry truck body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Story is in 1924 this company bought five chassis from Ford and had a company build five bodies, very unique.
Told this came out of Oregon.
The man I got this from started restoration on the chassis then quit.
What do you think? pretty cool, Bob

(Message edited by adminchris on April 14, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 09:59 am:

Very cool Bob! How long is it? It's hard to tell from the photos, but the length suggests to me it was made for a TT chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Very cool. The modern signage (probably postwar) suggests they had it a long time and repainted it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Fits standard T chassis, about 9' long, according to what I see in the paint if it was re painted they matched the color perfect - see pictures

(Message edited by adminchris on April 14, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:31 am:

It was the modern phone number that made me think it might have been repainted. But a closer look shows me that the old number has been painted over, so the rest may very well be original. Green stamps became popular in the thirties, but were around before that. So the decal could be T era or could have been added later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 11:59 am:

What a great project! The body looks to be a wooden structure with steel panels over the top?

Looking at the graphics, I wonder if they were possibly applied post war when there was a vogue for "old timey" things. That type face would have been more at home in the old west than the roaring twenties.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Very nice design and colors. It should be fun

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Very nice, Great find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Two things brings up questions: The cowl is numbered with "23", must have been a very large laundry to have 23 vehicles in the fleet. Second what is the bracket below the oval window and to the left on the outside of the body below the hook? Unique vehicle. I wonder what the phone number was, AT as in Atlantic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

I do not know almost like they had some kind of shelf they are on both sides, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

I used to go to Portland a lot and I think NE Broadway at Grand is an address in Portland Oregon. Rollie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Got the chassis now if anyone is interested it will be going up for sale, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

Broadway and Grand is a Portland intersection and the phone number is right for that area of town. It is across I-5 freeway from the MODA center sports arena where the Blazers play. Don, Portland, OR.
And yes AT does stand for Atlantic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

I am trying to find history of this company but no luck on web, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:42 am:

Bob-
Try the folks at the Oregon Historical Society. They might be able to help.

http://www.ohs.org/

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 09:21 am:

Thank you Keith will try that, Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration