"R" Casting Date

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: "R" Casting Date
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

Id like to add one more data point to the R casting dates found on some 1921 and 1922 engine blocks. Previous threads discussed the possibility that the R meant that the block was cast at the new River Rouge foundry. Pictured here is an engine block I just got from Dave Huson. The casting date is 8-8-21 and the serial number is 5,298,131, giving it an Aug 20, 1921 production date. The previous discussions had September as the earliest R casting date, although others may very well have surfaced since then. I hope this bit of new data can add more light on the meaning of the R in the casting date.
Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

First I've heard of this Rich. I love stuff like this. Thanks for posting.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration