Alumn piston slot direction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Alumn piston slot direction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Posted this earlier today and it went away. My question is: Which side of the motor does the slot go with alumn pistons. My Dykes manual says the solid side of the skirt always goes on the thrust side which would be the drivers side looking rearward from the radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

The earlier thread is still there:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/533959.html?1429042838

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Somehow I missed it while ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

No problem. There is a lot of traffic on this forum, it doesn't take long for older threads to get bumped down the list. If you know the title or just a few keywords in the earlier thread, you can do a "ctrl-F" and search the forum page for the older thread. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

The slot in the piston goes on the side away from the cam. The wrist pin bolt is customarily put toward the cam, but I don't know that that really matters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Slot away from the cam and bolt toward the cam. More important is to have them all the same direction and the marks on the rods in alignment with the marks on the caps.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson Salty Bottom, AL on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Watch at 5:03 for the answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC789a7CW28

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration