Model T Ford Internet listing of Fatal Accidents

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Ford Internet listing of Fatal Accidents
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Model T Ford Internet listing of Fatal Accidents

A quick search for the period from 2000 to first quarter 2015 shows that the internet listings for cars registered as a Model T Ford (all years) had two fatal accidents. If there were other fatal accidents involving the cars, they did not make the world wide web news stream. (This is open to disagreement.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Interesting information, George. I am thinking we are on the same page in that this is still a pretty safe hobby. I know there have been at least a handful of similar tragic accidents with other early cars (brass era Cadillac, Duesenberg where a restorer and his young family were killed by an innatentive driver with a poor driving record) and at least another handful involving Model A Fords specifically (I know from the few that have come up over the years in forums and other places, always garner attention and concern) - of those, it seems most are the fault of the other driver. Hence the very low insurance rates we enjoy.

It is important to distinguish these cars from modifieds which are not a concern to me anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:48 am:

Some would read this to mean it is OK to text and drive under
the influence, so long as it's in a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Berger, to digress, I am more inclined to think it is a piece of chalk and small slate held up to passing vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 11:10 am:

By definition news is that which is unusual. Man bites dog. Antique cars are rare enough for the occasional antique wreck to draw more media attention than the regular humdrum highway carnage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

I was thinking there had been at least two involving members of this forum. Ken Meek comes to mind, but I'm thinking there was at least one other. I believe there are more than two nationwide in that time period. I'm betting that there are many cars not registered as "Model T", but as "1918 Ford Touring Car" and similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

Ken Meek so sadly was one, and about a year later was someone on the MTFCI national Canyonlands tour (I did not know them and regrettably forget their name).
As I recall myself, there have been three hotrods reported as model T fatalities being discussed in the past few years on this forum.
I do find that Google doesn't try very hard to answer my queries like they used to. They seem to be trying too hard to direct me to some service trying to sell something to me. To a point, I do understand that. But it goes against the very foundation of the internet and Google itself.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 06:44 pm:

Karen Johnson of Minnesota

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Thank you Dave H.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration