Old Photo - Salesman's T And Trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Salesman's T And Trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 11:55 am:

Something odd about that tow vehicle the more I study it. Appears to have a touring body on a TT chassis. At first I couldn't reconcile the two man top with the box over the rear axle until I saw the TT worm drive rear axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

It is interesting to see fenders on that trailer. "Jackson" trailers (Miles Mfg. Co. Jackson, Michigan) did not offer fenders on their trailers.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/360355.html?1367973277

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

I think you're right, Dale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

most companies would build it your way so long as you could pay for it!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

Trailer wheels look much different than the wheels on the "T" which is confirmed by the even more obvious difference in size between the two spare tires carried on the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

i would say the trailer tire and the frt wheel on the car are the same size.the inside spare would be for the truck wheels. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

I have seen quite a few TT trucks with runabout bodies installed. I have seen a couple with the front half of a touring. I think that is the first one I have seen with a whole touring body.

Great photo Jay! Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

I am inclined to think that the trailer was made by the F.P Lyons Iron Works of Manchester, NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

T Trailer on Craig's List.
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bar/4974630019.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Here's a link to a company that builds solid rubber tire buggy wheels, like the ones on the Jackson trailer. I wonder how the trailer would ride on buggy wheels. Would it be okay for pulling down the highway at 30-40 MPH?

http://www.engelscoachshop.com/wheels.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 09:57 am:

That box on the back of the Model T in the first photo is interesting. I wonder if a chassis on a touring car could be extended like that without using a TT frame?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration