How much should I ask for this T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How much should I ask for this T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

I bought this T and have had nothing but the hot tongue and cold shoulder from my wife since I bought it. What price should I ask for it?Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

I would ask $5,000 for my wife and throw in a washing machine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

I am glad to hear from you, it sounds like a great idea. She also has a new axe, should I ask any extra for that?
On second thought I better keep her because she is very good at splitting wood and I would be cold next winter without her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

Need more details on the car to determine a value. Does it run? If not does the engine turn over? Have you done any repairs to it or is it the same as when you bought it? If you haven't done anything to it then ask what you paid for it to at least recoup your purchase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 06:55 pm:

If it will run and drive it ought to bring around 6000.00. Probably needs tires and wheels and a few other things. Another thing to consider in pricing it would be the condition of the wood structure.
A knowledgeable T guy would consider the shape of the wood pretty close in making an offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

take her for a drive in some ones T that is nice and running, and maybe she will shut up. otherwise, i would ask more if the axe is included

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

Just mow the lawn. She'll be so happy you can keep the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Good suggestions, Clayton and Kevin. Not so good a suggestion, Chuck! In the background, I see other cars and trucks. Maybe she is afraid you won't live long enough to finish all your projects, and if you keep on bringing them home, she may be onto something!

On the bright side, you're not alone. My wife calls all my parts junk and just the other day suggested I call a local junk man to haul it all off. I told her, that junk man better have very deep pockets, maybe all the way to his ankles! Good luck. I only hope I get all my projects finished before (as Redd Fox used to say), I have the BIG one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Ear plugs are cheap and effective.
THAT would be the day I'd sell it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

If you want to sell it, ask $4000. If you want to keep it for a year or so while telling her that you're trying to sell it, ask $6,500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

I have the opposite problem.

When I brought my dad's 31 model A town sedan home with the idea that I would sell it my wife said "No Way" because she wants to drive it.
Now I am involved with replacing the motor.

Right now there are 8 vehicles in our driveway and garage with 5 of them belonging to us.

The other 3 belong to my Daughter (a mini Cooper S), my son and a visitor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

I had a wife with a bad attitude about my hobbies.

No longer a problem. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Women! ya can't live with 'em and ya can't live with 'em!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

Get rid of the wife or grow a set of balls!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

if i put my wife in, we could do a 2 for one special and perhaps get a better response, and you could keep the axe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Air up the tires, give it a bath , replace the steering wheel and get it running. In that condition it should bring $5000-6000.

If it doesn't run, its dirty, and the steering wheel is half rotted off and the tires are flat you have a $3000-$4000 car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

I think it would be far better to spend $30000 getting it running, new top, paint and tires and sell it for $12500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

as is it looks better than many of the rigs in my fleet, you need to replace the wife

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

FWIIW, I would rather live my life alone rather than trying to please a narrow minded woman that refuses meet me half way and wont even try to understand what makes me tick. Life is to short to share it with a nag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 10:35 am:

Tell us how you really feel, Paul. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:19 am:

I don't usually take marriage from internet strangers, but when I do, it's from a bunch of guys who like 100 year old cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

I suspect this is Jim's comical way of showing off his new find and it won't be coming on the market anytime soon. I was not sure till the added pics and comment about spending $30K to get it running and sell if for $12K came up.

Nice find, angry wife or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

Would she be equally as happy if you sold 2 or 3 of the other items I see on your property?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:15 pm:

I like the truck in the back round. No, not the white one, it's to new! My wife would help me get it home.

Our first date was in a '47 KB2 pickup to a 180 acre auto yard, 100 miles away, of old cars. She would go here way, and look for things, and helped me pull grille trim. She's going to help me rivet the coupe back together, she'll heat them, I'll hammer them. I wouldn't trade her in!

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Always trade never sell, because once they get their hands on it its gone. They want dumb things like things for the house, new carpet, drapes,couch. All that stuff we don`t need. Now a recliner in the shop make more since. I already have my tv out there. Just remember happy wife happy life. Makes a person wonder why they want us around for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

My '27 touring car is the first of a long line of toys (including my 431 cu. inch Buick powered '82 Chevy C-10) that she likes.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration