Sure stop brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Sure stop brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seager on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Has any boy got any pictures of where you installed the master cylinder on your sure stop disc brakes install. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

There are pictures that might help on Snyder's

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/5520

Texas T has some nice pdf info

http://www.texastparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TTP&Product_C ode=T2565-SS&Category_Code=New

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Here is where we placed the master on a friends 1918. I did a similar placement on my 1926, but don't have a picture handy.

Hope this helps Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seager on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

Thanks for the input. Was hoping to see if someone had attached it to the master cylinder or mounted it under the seat. I should have said master cylinder reservoir Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

I have a 25 coupe and mounted it under the seat on the driver's side. I'll try and get a picture later...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb - Lake Forest - So. CA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 11:02 pm:

This photo shows the master cylinder set-up under the seat on my Speedster - it's not a Sure Stop unit, but the mounting should be similar. The reservour is simply a section of bronze pipe screwed into the master cylinder's fill hole, with a bronze cap on it, vented.
I've run my disc brakes now for about 5 years or more and am totally happy with them!
Bob master cylinder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 12:06 am:

I wanted to mount mine under the seat, but the space was too tight. So I mounted it on the seat riser, right behind the brake lever. After it's painted black, it's not very noticeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:55 am:

I mounted mine under the seat of my '24 touring. I'll take a photo tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson - Omaha NE on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 10:05 am:

I mounted mine under the seat on my 21 touring. I made a bracket out of a piece of angle iron, and plate so I could screw it to the sill. I had to put a small notch in the sill so the hose would clear the sill and the gas tank and not get pinched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

I think you mean the reservoir, not the master cylinder. Here is a pic of how I mounted it on my '24 touring. It just fit in nicely and the hose slips through the gap below with no modifications.

re1
res2
res3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

I also did mine just like above. Under the drivers side of the front seat by the gas tank. Worked well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art Taylor, WA on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

The reservoir on the firewall and the master cylinder located just back of the transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

So does anyone know what the master cylinder is original to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Les:
it is my understanding that the master cyl. , calipers and reservoir are stock items from Wilwood engineering ...the design and components were based on Wilwood tech. recommendations ...the custom parts used were the steel rotors that were welded onto new reproduction brake drums , the modified brake pedal and the flat plate master cyl. mount that bolts to the back of the trans... the pedal modification and cyl. mount can be seen in the photos from Art Taylor ...Wilwood has a site online with a tech link ...probably can get any answers regarding components from them ...always an optimist gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Gene
Thank you very much for the information. I am, of course, working on a couple of variations of front brakes for the T, some mechanical and some hydraulic. Wilwood sounds like a great "resource" to consider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

Les -- Wilwood has an extensive lineup of products. I'm sure they'll have what you need. They offer great tech support and advice as well.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration