When you think you're having a bad day in the garage remember it can be worse

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: When you think you're having a bad day in the garage remember it can be worse
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

http://nypost.com/2015/04/15/man-burned-in-car-blaze-after-he-douses-interior-wi th-alcohol-to-kill-bedbugs/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 02:50 am:

Boy howdy, I bet that got 'em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 08:33 am:

Is this an example of nature's way to remove idiots from the gene pool?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Duh, thought everyone knew to use lacquer thinner! KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:00 am:

A Darwin award nominee?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:05 am:

I saw the video on the news this morning. That can't be alcohol. Alcohol doesn't burn with a flash yellow flame and black smoke. It had to have been an oil based hydrocarbon. It may have been lacquer thinner, acetone or gasoline. I think there's more to this story than bedbugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:36 am:

I bet it got rid of the bugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 10:53 am:

I don't know the details but there were two other cars involve and once the alcohol burned off the plastic and seats would start to burn. The video may have started at that point. The large explosions was the gas tank.

The question I have is what were those bangs that sounded like gun fire? About 6 or 7.
Spray cans???

Here's a different angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeBeuqnxIU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Georgetown Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Hope he got the insurance when he rented the car :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Man has been incinerated by fire since the dawn of time.
I mean, man has been fascinated by fire since the dawn of time...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

Natural Selection at its finest! Hope he didn't have a chance to breed...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

Greg, I don't think insurance covers stupidity! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration