Steering column bracket on 1926-7 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Steering column bracket on 1926-7 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

I have a customer looking for a Steering column bracket on 1926-7 touring, I have quite a few different styles but not sure which one is for touring as the books do not have a good picture, this is the plate that goes on the firewall not the bracket on the frame, does anyone have a good picture, thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:37 pm:

There is a bracket that is on the dashboard that supports the column. There is a plate on the firewall that covers the opening where the column attaches. Which is it that is needed. Sounds like the plate as you mention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Yes the plate for the firewall, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:54 am:

On the engine compartment side of the firewall the 26-27 flange is the square one.

I think the part that goes inside on the dash is #3515 for the touring. Is there another part the book doesn't cover?

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on April 17, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

I am thinking there is one more on outside of firewall, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Bob,

There is only one on the firewall. I saw this listing earlier today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-1927-FORD-MODEL-T-STEERING-COLUMN-TO-FIREWALL-BRACK ET-BLASTED-PRIMED-/271836097460?hash=item3f4ab1abb4&vxp=mtr

A dash bracket is also listed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration