Dragged another car home...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Dragged another car home...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

I sure don't have anything to contribute to this site. You guys have been awfully kind, but here's some pics I welcome insight and comments on. It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks. I hope to learn...really learn on THIS car.

Here's a hooptie than my grandfather built just to have fun in. It should run again. I have to give the wheels back, they don't go with the car.

It has a 2 speed auxiliary tranny. Maybe someone could tell me a little about that. I have a specific plan in mind for this car, but I'd like to get it running good first.

First...the extraction...
t1
t2

got her home...
t3
t4
t5
t6

Some more parts...if you recognize something that's special, let me know. There's an aluminum hogs head in there, new tail pipes with Ford labels, some shackles new in the box, a neat exhaust manifold, boxes of liners, and chevy disc wheels.
t7
t8
t9

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

Looks like the makings of a speedster rather than Hooptie. Drop z framed in the rear, spring lowering brackets in the front. That is a great start in my opinion. Do you get the parts with it too? or are they just for show and tell. The disc wheels would be perfect for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Another cool find!

Agree more Speedster potential here - attached is a friend's black era T Speedster with a Z-eed frame; he wanted a well worn in look for it. I think yours could look a lot like this one if you wanted to go that route. Some of you may know this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

How about moving into the light and taking a close up pic of the overhead in the last pic that appears to be next to the disk wheels ?? I see a box full of rocker arms too. Is it for a T or ?? Thx W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

i see a chevy cylinder head which is becoming a popular modification.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Love the TT in that garage , also like the khaki ammo belt hanging off your new car !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

What's the solid-tired runabout in the first picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Yes Chad...I get all the parts. Thanks for weighing in on the wheels. I didn't know how they would be perceived. They could look cool.

Dang Steven, that car is cool. I do like that look a lot.

Wayne and Kep, that's the spare Chevy casting and rocker arms for the red car.

Travis, my dad owns the TT now, which is how I'm getting this stuff. We found some of my old army collection from when I was a kid today. I gave ig to my son and he hung it there in between pics.

Any thoughts or info on the 2 speed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

We would need to see pictures of the transmission to determine what it actually is. There were a few different auxiliary transmissions available.

I would adapt the Chevy disk wheels to the chassis you have with some new tires. It is a classic mod that to me looks great. I wish I had a set. I always wanted to build a speedster with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright from Central NC on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

Thats a GREAT start for a speedster! oh.. and what is a hooptie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hooptie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Dave -- That Urban Dictionary is fun. I typed in a few other words I'd been wondering about and got clear definitions for them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

Gilbert, that's a scratch built horseless carriage my dad built.

You guys crack me up with the urban dictionary. You've seen those cars that are 90% JC Whitney's catalog. :-)

Here's the 2 speed...
2spd
2spd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:24 pm:

Hooptie Do Da Day ...

Ford all the way ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

Looks like a Johnson 2-apeed. Only 6.5" long.

http://www.nwvs.org/Technical/MTFCA/Articles/2602AuxilaryTransmissions2.pdf

Check out the page after Warford Transmissions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

Page 24 on the link above...sorry...

W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:33 am:

You are the man, Wayne! Thank you! Where else would I get all this fine information so quickly?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration