The prize in a box of Cornflakes-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The prize in a box of Cornflakes-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:25 am:

Well if the plain jane corn flakes came with a Model T, then this other Kellogg's cereal should have included a Model K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:02 am:

After reading this I ran down to the supermarket and bought 18 boxes of corn flakes and didn't find a Model T in one of them :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:03 am:

A few years back Kellogs reduced their operations in Battle Creek. They held an auction and one item was a Model T delivery with the Kellog's logo on the sides. Often wondered where it ended up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:05 am:

Gee, the prizes in cereals are so much cheaper these days...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Related true story (I think I've posted here before):

One fine morning in summer 1954 (I was 6 years old) my grandfather and I had breakfast together. We liked Wheaties with a little sugar, milk and coffee. In the new Wheaties box was a prize, a miniature California license plate (about 2.5" X 5"). When we finished breakfast we took the plate out to the barn, found a hammer and a couple of nails then nailed it to the wood cab front on the TT. It remains there to this day. Every time I look at it it reminds me of him and that time so long ago. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Henry - What a wonderful memory!

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of it?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Good story Henry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

I don't have a close-up, but if you look carefully you can see it at the top of the wood to the right (passengers side) of the windshield.

model T picture

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration