OT - Old Photo - Dayton Motorcycle Chemical Apparatus

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Old Photo - Dayton Motorcycle Chemical Apparatus
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Too Cool!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

1910 Fire Dept. QRT ???

I think I'd air up that tire before hitting any turns hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

I would have guessed later than 1910, since the motorcycle has electric lights. If that were pre-'16, I'd love to see it on an HCCA 1&2 cylinder tour!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

Check out the rumble seat. I bet that was a wild ride.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 07:18 am:

The photo was taken at the 1915 Astor Cup Race that was held at the huge new Sheepshead Bay Board Track just outside of NYC on October 9, 1915.

The rig is a called a Dayton Tri-Car and a lots of info, another photo and press clippings can be found by searching "Dayton Tri-Car" on TheOldMotor.com

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration