1914 Runabout goes to school!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 Runabout goes to school!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

I took my 14 to a local high school today and demonstrated to two automotive classes. The kids had great questions and some of them got a ride. Great fun! We discussed the assembly line and function of the car. Price new and what the cars abilities are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

Good on ya!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

Awesome!! Done that too. It is a great thing to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

That's it, hook 'em when they are young. Good job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

Very nice. Some of those young folks will remember that for a long time. It is very worth while.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

Kudos! Keep it up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

Mike
Thanks for all your efforts exposing the hobby and it's history to young People.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Thanks guys for all of the kind words. If you ever get a chance to do this it is rewarding. One kid got a ride, he told me "I can't stop smiling!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Nice one Mike. I enjoy my annual visits with my T to the school where my wife teaches. They are amazed to see it move under its own power. Most interesting feature to them is always the horn followed by crank starting. In his last year at the junior school, at age 11, my youngest son was able to demonstrate the hand crank starting feature. I turned the ignition off while others tried. Most were barely able to move the handle or even engage it. I am proud my son takes an interest in the T and look forward to him be owner of one one day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

You rock, Mike Vaughn!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration