Red wood body truck in J.C. Taylor insurance adds

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Red wood body truck in J.C. Taylor insurance adds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

I would love to get some detailed photos of this little truck. Anyone have any info on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

Anyone know if it is a period body or modern made?

I like the style of it and want to get a better look at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Fahrni on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Fahrni on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

It looks a lot like this Hercules body pick up. I found it here.http://www.herculesengines.com/hercules/Hercules%20Bodies/Hercules%20Bodies%20Large%20Catalog.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Fahrni on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 07:31 am:

I think you are right Erik. Here's a picture of the same body style, without the advertising on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 10:53 am:

That pic posted by Nathan is the same one on p. 139 of Leslie Henry's 1965 book, "Model T Ford Restoration Handbook." It appears to be the same truck now owned by J.C. Taylor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

Believe it was owned by the late past AACA National President George Norton. Last I knew it was in the care of Pat McCann in DE. Pat is one of the J.C.Taylor reps who you'll usually see driving this beauty around the Hershey swap meet. It's a sweetie and I do believe it's a Hercules original.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Terry,

Yes, as Mike pointed out the photo is on page 139 of "Model T Ford Restoration Handbook" and the caption says it was owned and restored by George Norton, past President of the AACA. It also reads, confirms the body was manufactured by "Hercules" of Evansville, Indiana."

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 09:41 am:

Why no outside door latch on the drivers door? It has hinges.

Anyone have details of how the flip-up back windows latch up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 11:15 am:

I think there is a strap that has a hook on it that hooks to a fixture on the inside roof. Look carefully at the photos.

win 1

win 2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration