'26-27 coupe sub-frame help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26-27 coupe sub-frame help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Friday, April 17, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

I have a friend that is rebuilding his coupe body. He needs what ever was the in the corner, of his rear cross brace. Mine is made totally different then his. Would someone have a picture of what this part should look like.

Here is a pictures of what he has.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Pat:

I just fabricated this part for my '26 coupe. If you don't get an expert answer here, send me a private message and I will shoot some pictures and a copy of the pattern I used to recreate the corner pieces. I believe the long cross-member is available from Lang's, et. al. I made my own, but purchasing one would have saved much time and $.

Respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

I have a '26 coupe but am unfamiliar with what location the part is from. I would be glad to post a picture if you could be more specific about where on the car this part is located. Maybe if you back off away and take another picture that would help us get our bearings, we could be of more help. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Jim, I will e-mail him to get another picture. It is the corner where the quarter panel, and the lower rear panel is, inside the trunk area.
It's the rear corner of the side sub-frame, meets the rear sub-frame cross member.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Pat/Jim: There's a photo by Dan Booth on this forum showing the underside of the Coupe body at:

By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 04:56 am

Respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/390601.html?1385415681

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

In that picture it has the corner plate on the bottom. I'm talking about just above that plate. The piece in his hand in the picture. It makes the sub-frame corner.

In the first picture is how mine is made. The rear sub cross member butts up to the side rail with tabs that are rivet it together. Not the plate under the bottom of the corner.

In the second picture, is how his is made. It has a 45 degree corner piece, that rivets in the corner, and is bolts, or rivets the rear sub cross member together, a few inches over by the rain gutter.

I don't know why it made me make the one picture so small, they were taken by the same cell phone.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

Pat:

I made new parts like your man is holding, I think these are same as your smaller photo above. I'll send you pix of parts and pattern with measurements if you want, PM me if you do.
best, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Pat, I went out to my 26 coupe to try and get a picture from inside the trunk at the right rear corner of the body sub frame where it appears the part in question is located, but, unfortunately, the portion of the frame corner you need a picture of is covered by the trunk floor sheet metal. I wish I could have been of more help, but it sounds as if there are others her that have the answers you need. Jim Patrick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration