Fred Lau, Portland Oregon RIP

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fred Lau, Portland Oregon RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Fred Lau passed away last Monday. Fred had part of one leg amputated about a year ago because of diabetes and was in hospital having had the toes on his other foot amputated. Jim G. talked to him Sunday night and seemed to be doing fine. It was sudden and unexpected.
His 1920 touring is in Bruce McCalley's (RIP) "Model T Ford, The Car That Changed T World" right after the Rip Van Winkle 1917. I am not sure of which clubs he was a member of except the Horseless Carriage Club.
I only got to meet him twice and got the chance to view part of his collection. He will be missed by his family and friends.
This is all the information I have at this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 10:49 am:

Thanks for the notice, Mark. Fred & his folks were close friends of the Clinton's of whom I was fortunate enough to acquire their '19 Centerdoor. Fred had an early brass T, I believe. I also understand he had one of a very few of these original Ford 3 sided countertop parts displays - I was given mine by Otis Clinton, who I understand acquired it from Fred's father.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 04:05 pm:

Sad. My condolences as always.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Fred bought Ben Snyder' 1909 touring #220 from Kim Dobbins a few years back. Sorry to hear of the loss. The Model T will outlast all of us. I have the original steering column out of #220 which I bought out of Ben's estate along with an original 1909 front axle and spindles.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration