OT-New HCCA Group

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT-New HCCA Group
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Hi all,
I didn't want drift from the HCCA/Speedster topic so I thought I's start a new one.
We have started as new HCCA group in the Midwest, called the Great Plains Brass Touring Register. It is an informal, family friendly, touring club for any pre-1916 vehicle. We will have one meeting and several tours each year. We hope the tours will stretch from Texas to North Dakota and from Colorado to Illinois. Our first tour is May 29-31 in Central Kansas. Feel free to contact me for more information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

Sounds good! I wish you and your group much success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

I like it! (But I am too far away, I just need to get back to touring here again)
Thanks Chris P!
Drive Carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

Great, Chris! It'll take some serious dedication, given how long a ride it is between brass-car nuts in the Midwest. And I hope you're going to get an announcement up on the HCCA website and Facebook page soon. It was a (pleasant) surprise to see the first notice of this great new group on a Model T site, even though it gets more activity than all the other sites put together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

I think we're doing well so far; we've got about 25 families signed up, and 8 cars coming on the first tour-so far.
I'm not sure why it didn't show up on HCCA. I tried to post it before this site. It's up there now, with a non-Ford pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 01:32 am:

Great new Chris,
I am a member of the La Jolla Regional
group of the HCCA. We are a pre-16 regional group and have been since 1958. I wish you success....it's much more enjoyable touring with early cars as a compatible group vice trying to keep up with 40's and later cars as some group have become. Don't get me wrong.....I like all cars but prefer to tour with comparable year cars.

Model T's do not have that problem as all years are similar in performance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

I agree, Les. I was spoiled to grow up in NJ around the North Jersey, Southern Ontario and Autoneers groups. All are pre-16.
Most groups in the Midwest are pre-war or 'anything goes', and my opinion is that it is much more fun (and comfortable) to tour with cars of the same era.
So, here we are giving this a try. Thanks for your support.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration