New addition

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New addition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

I have been thinking about getting a closed car and mainly a coupe but this Fordor came up it had my name all over it. It has been through 3 owners in the last 30 years and apparently none of them drove it, they all had big ideas that never came true. It only had compression on #1 cylinder so I pulled the head and opened up the tappet galley to clean everything out. Flushed the head, block and radiator out, stuck 4 new coils in it,reassembled and the darn thing fired right up and I drove it around the yard. Only issue now is the spokes are pretty dried out, not sure I trust them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Wow Lonnie, that is really nice. I also would like to get a closed car some day, especially a Fordor. Feel free to post more about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

What a great looking car. Congratulations and have fun with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

And maybe some air in the tires! Very nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 12:29 am:

The "billiard table" flat top, squared windows, and overall
proportions of this body are quite pleasing to the eye. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:41 am:

I like the cleats on the rear wheels of the tractor in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

The tractor has a set of ARP's half tracks on it. We use it for pulling the dump/manure trailer, almost impossible to get stuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

... "We use it for pulling the dump/manure trailer" ...

So, we ought to see a lot of these around Washington D.C. ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

I don't guess I have ever seen a set of those before. Is that a WD?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Kolano - London, On., Canada on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

I would bet a WD45.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Great looking car Lonnie. A good find. I'm like Dave Wells, I too would like to find a Fordor, altho I still have the space issue to deal with. Oh well. Any rate, you should definitely send the 4 wheels into your favorite wheel re-spoker! Baby them 'till winter maybe, then send 'em in when the snow flies, which for you folks probably will be end of September...LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Burger,
Nope, if they were there, they'd be a lot less mess in that town!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

Dave ,
If you are looking for a fordor.I have a 1926 Fordor for sale,$7500 Canadian dollars.The car has wire wheels,front bumper & a newer none stock type interior,installed by the previous owner.4 aluminum step plates & 2 new outside rear view mirrors & I have the sun visor. Since we bought the 1909 T,I need the space.I am located just west Woodstock.Let me know if you are interested.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

Thanks Scott. This is not the right time however. Dave.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration