Next NH ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Next NH ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

What was the angle the factory dressed the needle to?
I have my Idle problem fixed.Throttle shaft loose so I swapped the body out with a better one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:46 am:

60 rings a bell, but I may be wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:54 am:

I would think that 60 deg is about right. I usually shot for about 3/16" of taper. Looking at its function, if it was to short of a taper, the adjustment would be very "touchy" as in just a slight amount of turn would make a great difference. The opposite is true of a longer taper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 11:10 am:

When I posted 60 I was thinking of the inlet needle.
Dean, what needle are you asking about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Why doesn't someone obtain the factory part number print for part number T-6335BR or T-6335ER (Holley NH Carburetor spray needle assembly) from the Benson Ford Research Center and pass on the correct information to us all instead of guessing?
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Dean:

Great find on a NH carb body with little throttle shaft wear. Fixed mine with installation of brass tube inserts, nesting brass from hobby shop cut & fitted to carb. Tight throttle, will wear in as used.

Guess if everyone had Ford Blueprints, this Forum would not exist. LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Until somebody does as Ron suggests, maybe this will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:59 am:

Thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:05 am:

I just wish somebody would make a replacement set that actually has a ground tip on the needle that will seal in the seat without working on it. As I have posted before, the new ones have a cut tip and they leak right out of the package. At least all the new ones I have seen are like that. I don't have time or patience to buy a fifteen buck part that I have to work on to make it work. They still manufacture millions of needle and seat sets every year for a variety of carburetors; why can't somebody make one for the NH and Holley G's that actually works??

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration