Went to the local show today....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Went to the local show today....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

And met a new friend

My 25 and a 58 Edsel Pacer

car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 07:43 am:

A study in original sales popularity. Both really nice cars today though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 11:44 am:

oh ya Dave, In 1958 the MEL dealers gave away a
Edsel Models & I drove my father nuts to test
drive one & he didnt buy it (dont know why) but
I got a free model & still have it. I'm jealous
you guys parading around with Tee shirts. Not
here frezzin to death YET almost May.

sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

Edsels sold well in 1958, or at least they survive in large numbers
due to their novelty ???

In 59 they got very squared-off and ugly and sales reflected a buyers'
rejection. The 60's were little more than over-adorned Fords, but
the middle market was shrinking and the writing was on the wall for
marques like Edsel. Even DeSoto, that outsold Chrysler as late as 1957
was chopped off the Mopar offerings list in November of 1961 in an
effort to trim their mid-line and goose up Dodge sales while removing
the underling threat to corporate namesake Chrysler models.

Get in that Model T and drive it. How dull to hang around a parking
lot ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Yes, you can judge a car by the company it keeps.
My Anastasia was seen in the company of this handsome city slicker who'd just blown in from Boston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

More years ago than I car to divulge (it was the late 60s), an engineer at the radio station I was announcing at at the time was driving a 1959 Edsel, black and white. I mentioned to him that if he ever wanted to get rid of it to let me know. A few months later, he said he was getting a new car and that if I wanted the Edsel, I could have it! I said YES!!! Of course, he came to me a couple of days later and said his wife had a change of heart and wanted to sell it. My heart sank. I asked what she wanted for it. He said, $25.00!!! (The decimal point is in the right place.) Well, of course, I agreed and bought that Edsel for $25.00. I had it for many years but lost my storage Wish I had it now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration