Wanting Info in the 1923/24 Body Parts Lists

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wanting Info in the 1923/24 Body Parts Lists
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 03:57 am:

I'm looking for the first Ford Body parts List that would have been for the Open Cab TT. This should have been released after November 1923. The closest one I have is June 1924. Does anyone have something in between? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 07:31 am:

Fred, I don't have what you need but I'm curious if you are looking for anything in particular. I've often wondered myself if the roof wood was specified as a different style on the first C cabs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 07:39 am:

Fred,

I checked Bruce McCalley's (RIP) "Price List of Parts" and for the Ton Truck body parts he only listed Apr 1925 and Mar 1927 editions in the TT body parts that I reviewed. In his introduction, he shared that he listed the date of the first “Price List” that a part appeared in. He would not list any further “Price List” entries unless there was some change between the earlier price list and a later price list. I.e. if the cost changed, he would include the date of the “Price List” and annotate that the cost was now $xx. Or if there was a change in the part number he would put information in along with the date of the “Price List” that it occurred. Or if the factory number changed, he would include the date of the “Price List” that the factory number first changed. Note many parts had minor changes that did not result in a change in the factory number.

Since he started with the Apr 1925 “Price List” for the TT body parts he evidently did not have a “Price List” that contained the Ton Truck body parts before that date, when he initially compiled the information. So he probably did not have access to a copy of the Jun 1924 edition you have.

For the 1923-1927 Fordor sedans he started that listing with the Sep 1, 1923 “Price List” and also referenced the same two dates for “Price List” above.

Does your Jun 1924 "Ford Body Price List" include the car bodies as well as the truck body?

[For anyone that is interested in obtaining a copy of Bruce’s CD that contains his “Updated Model T Book”, the “Price List of Parts,” “Ford Service,” and several other items the shipping was $6.25 in Mar 2015 and the other ordering information is available at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/333725.html?1357665853 ]

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Boy Justin, your tracking with me. Yes the roof wood did change after the original introduction. How long did it last, I don't know that's what I'm looking for.

Hap the 24 Body list does have the TT cab in it. I have been collecting these and it's interesting to see things show up a little different sometimes.
I did have a couple of great conversations with Bruce years ago and he gave me some insight into how he had researched in the BFR archives and that TT info was not what he was compiling but if it was there he included that in what he found.
The issue with the part changes is over time that the Part number will stay the same even though the part has changed. Trying to put a date to the change can be difficult. The parts Releases help a lot but not always. Sometimes you will need the print to help further that's if you can find it at BFR. Getting copies to study part changes has become very expensive for me and sometimes you find what you need but mostly not. I don't know if a Body Parts List was printed for this change but hopeful there was one. Incidentally the roof wood change would not be back dateable and I'm really surprised it doesn't show in later books.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

My Gramps' Dec. of '24 C-Cab Covered Express has all the original roof wood (was covered in tin early on) and the side headers are quite short compared to other '24 - '25 C-Cabs I've seen - is that what roof wood you might be referring to, Fred ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Here's another from Jay's photos with the short roof. This, by the way, is one of the coolest C cabs that I have ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

Yep, That's the Beast. Actually there a a few other photos of this design found on the early cabs. You might say, well maybe it's after market? No not this one as I saw the Ford plans, It's real and the part numbers are the same as the later design. Go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Interesting name on the side of the truck!

It is THE Budd Company

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

This last picture George is showing Budd's new Dual steel wheels that could be used on the front as well. A universal wheel so to speak. It would be interesting to know how these were adapted.

I am still looking for the Body Parts list between November 1923 and June 1924. I would like to have this booklet but I can settle for a copy of the TT section in the back.

Since I'm on the subject, I am also looking for any of original Budd photos of the TT cabs. I know they are around in someones collection somewhere. Thanks Guys

(Message edited by Fred on April 23, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:05 am:

I couldn't put my finger on just what made the Budd truck look so much better than other express bed trucks (other than the wheels). The bed is raised up about 4" and the fenders are lowered on the bed sides. While the express beds look good, this adjustment makes the combination of the bed and cab have better proportions.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration