OT - Eating utensil question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Eating utensil question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

Is it appropriate to use chopsticks when encountering Chinese spam? That seems to be turning into an issue here.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

Good one Dick!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

I prefer to use these. Like Chinese Spam, they keep showing up. I find 2 or 3 a year in the street while going for my daily walk. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." (Yogi Bera)
I never mastered the art of chopsticks or embroidery.

We are lucky there isn't more of it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

If my spam was cut into bite sized cubes I could stab 'em with one chop stick. Don't know what I'd use a second one for. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

I use chopsticks when I eat at Chinese restaurants. My theory is I should keep in practice in case I ever revisit the old country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

Or when they take over ours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:31 am:

I know that often when folks mention a problem they're really not looking for a solution ... just want to get it off their chest.

But seriously folks, there is an easy way to handle most spam problems. MOST email programs have a feature where, if you right click on the offending email, your give some choices, one of which is "block senders domain" (the domain being the last part of the email address like @spam.china)

If you take the time to religiously block these spam emails, pretty soon you'll find you get less and less. I check my email every day and may find one piece of spam or most times none at all. It does take a little effort though, especially in the beginning.

So there ya go, normal programming can now resume ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Thanks, Bud, but my e-mail doesn't have much of a spam problem. I was referring to the forum posts here hawking Chinese bearings, etc. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Well sadly Mr Wang never responded to making the axle bearings for us. Mr Wang may have took Wings and went the Wong way to the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:20 am:

If we all save a nickle we will be in a pickle when it's the wong way or no way!!! A good chance i'm wrong but in the old days was a not perfect solution was to use model A bearings and races?? Yes i know model A bearings are not threaded but i would rather be wrong than wong!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 02:48 pm:

i thought he was looking at making other bearings that are hard to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

I thought the only use for a chop stick is to adjust the third brush in a Model A generator..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

I always thought having one chop stick was pretty much the same as having one walkie talkie. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Chop sticks are to pick the cockroaches out of your food so you don't have to touch them. I am an exterminator (22 years) and will not eat in a Chinese restaurant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

Henry I needed a good laugh! Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:57 am:

You guys were so hard on him. He only wanted to sell bearings, Even if he was finding it difficult to source the obsolete sizes in the aftermarket transmissions some of us use at least he tried.

Someone would think you don't like people from beyond the USA. Hey look my steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist- New Zealand on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

Hey Kep You wouldn't be that man from Northland who doesn't like people who come from below Northland LOL

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration