What kept you from working on your "T" today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What kept you from working on your "T" today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Taking down a tree and having the boy help. He wanted me to race the T coupe against his new truck. At the end of the day , he wanted a spaghetti picnic, including his truck and the T. Then it was reading the T catalog.

Fortunately no damage was done, must be that new aluminum body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

Dan,

That is an acceptable reason for not working on a T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

I was driving it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Not quite so much fun here. I bought a little over a thousand street bricks at an auction yesterday, and today started taking them out of the ground and bringing them home. Paid just under 1 each for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

Steve

Are you going to build a garage big enough to hold all the Model T's that are breeding in your other garage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

What are you building Steve ?? A new Brick Outhouse ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Some will make a little patio to keep the barbecue from sinking into the soft ground when it rains. The rest will be a floor for a new tool shed. The present one was built by short relatives and I have to bend over when I go in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 12:18 am:

A rotted window on the 2nd floor of the house has enjoyed
5 years of procrastination, but finally called me into action.
After removing the pane frames and imploding the old frame,
I raised the sill back up to the original height and installed the
new window into the VERY out of square hole (damned thing
BARELY fit !). This caused me to notice that the entire siding
job slants 1-1/4" across the 22' face of the building. So, off
came the siding and the window exterior trim/sill was built to
plumb and square, and maybe tomorrow I'll get the new siding
back on ?

However ! ... materials were needed and the TT made several
trips around town picking up lumber and other hardware. The
sun was out and it was warm. Lots of smiles along the way from
those I passed, and one guy with a finger and a horn. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Tax man, I had to take the books to the accountant, BUT! I drove a T for the 60 mile round trip!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 12:51 am:

AM: Church (Lutheran)
PM: Nap
Evening: Dinner at my Daughter's house

NBA in between.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 12:55 am:

Nothing got he new head gasket in one more thing done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 01:39 am:

Nothing, fuel tank out last night... today hosed out, chain shake, Boiling water with "lime & baking soda auto dishwasher powder" and shook it about (This was really effective at lifting rust) and now its soaking overnight in white vinegar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 06:24 am:

Spent yesterday working on a friends 66 Mustang--which coincidentally is also a very cheaply built car. I did manage to get home in time to put around in the driveway with the T doodlebug for a few minutes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 06:51 am:

Spent the day working on Maine Central RR 4-6-2 No. 470 in preparation for moving it this summer up to the rebuild location in Ellsworth,ME.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 07:42 am:

Hose on tractor ruptured spraying me and the 3 legged dog. After I cleaned myself and the dog I went to NAPA with 12 hoses that took the rest of the day and $450.00! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 08:31 am:

I managed to re-torque the head bolts on the '13 then finished mowing my lawn and then went next door and mowed my 88 y.o. neighbors lawn. His health is too bad now for him to do it. Poor guy. Gettin' old's no fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:45 am:

I'm writing a book on 18th century furniture making and, consequently, have virtually no time for the T at the moment. I did get her out of storage and drove around the yard for a minute, but she has issues that require attention prior to any extended drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

What kept me from working on the T?

RAIN !!!!

90 inches in 2013

69 inches in 2014

... and a good start on another 90 inches this year.

California - if you can find a way to stop some of it before it reaches here - your welcome to it !!! ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Saturday I took the T for its first drive since the broken crank nice day, Sunday rain and snow Monday every thin is white but next week it will be back to warm weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Sliding glass door kit for the tub. Luckily I was able to use the existing holes drilled in the tiles for the up rights. I hate drilling tile. I always expect the worst.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

Drove the wife 145 miles to Nashville, to have on surgery on her lower eye lids.
When I had mine done, I had two big black eyes. I told everyone the wife beat the crap out of me, while I was sleeping. Oh crap, here comes the pay backs!

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:32 am:

That's why I had my eyelids removed.

I can't deal with all the gossip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 09:01 am:

The damned cold weather! :-(
Back to the 30's and 40's later in the week.
I love Ohio weather. NOT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I built a home for my girls...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:44 am:

The "shop" work seems to keep getting in the way !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:55 am:

Steve,
I've seen you busier!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 04:50 am:

After two and a half years with no truck (first a broken axle shaft, then no brakes) I finally got the master cylinder working and put back in this morning. I celebrated by picking up piles of pulled weeds and tree trimmings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 08:37 am:

Keith...something tells me your girls go "bawk bawk"--"squawk squawk"!! LOL

Great looking "clubhouse" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:25 am:

Built table top vegetable garden for the wife and filled it with strawberries, beans, onions, tomatoes,squash and cucumbers. now I'm hungry so we are going to breakfast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:36 am:

I spent the day yesterday rewiring the panel and adding a solenoid to the starter in preparation for my FAA safety inspection visit.

This gyroplane (a little different than Doug Hough's part 103 gyro on display at the Capitol last week) and flight training was financed by an antique car sale!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:39 am:

BTW, in my last post you can see what drought does to a nice green pasture!

TH in Northern Calif.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Terry,

This mornings KCRA News had a shot of the CA State Capitol west lawn. It looked about the same. You'll be happy to know that the CA legislature is working on a bill to prevent cities and counties from fining residents for letting their lawn go brown as a special drought measure due to the alleged fact that someone in southern CA was threatened with a fine for that offense.

Methinks they all have too much time on their hands. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:24 am:

NICE Terry !!! Flying is my second passion !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

Henry, some of the upscale neighborhoods have laws against artificial grass. Those laws are being revised... drought trumps tackiness. Lots of folks are pulling out their lawns and putting in So. Cal. rock/cactus gardens. When the rains return those will revert to natural grasses and become a real fire hazard.

Steve, thanks. Gyros are the original real Low and Slow fliers. In addition Juan de La Cierva (look him up) invented the safest way to fly (unless the capitol constables have their "long guns" pointed at you). Other forum posters who like to fly say silly things like "I would never fly a wing that goes faster than I do"... I guess helicopters would be out also.

Back on topic:

Dan, you win... playing with the grand kids trump all other reasons not to work on the T!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Working on Model A brakes these days...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Bill A.
Good to hear that something is going on with 470--the news on her is pretty sparse!
Odd to pick up such news here on the T site!!!
Notice steam and T hobbies seem to overlap a lot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

Undoing some stupid coil front spring junk some knot head put on my '65 Mustang to shorten the coil heights and give it a forward rake.
Idiot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Peddeling post war lionel at the eastern division TCA meet in York Pa. Hope to sell a train set or two as there is a buddy L roadster pickup a few tables away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 12:25 am:

Spring work. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 07:39 am:

Pat,

Loading that marshmallow cream paste into that hopper wagon sure looks like a sticky messy job.

Do you plant the marshmallow cream in rows to get marshmallows? What size do you plant? the Jumbo marshmallows or the mini marshmallows?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 08:42 am:

I forgot to add the photo of the bumper crop of jumbo marshmallows from last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen 40 miles west of chicago on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 10:09 am:

Lack of funds, as usual. On a happy note my Daughter's surgery went well. (Pins and plate in her arm)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Building a bridge to the oil tank.

It was a little cool this morning so I decided to go get some diesel for the heater. After pouring a little gas down the carburetor the pickup started nicely. Wheeling out the gate it felt like there were no brakes. Back to the shop for some fluid. Back again for a pipe wrench. I haven't done much maintenance on the PU.

I also haven't filled the heater tank since moving Norm's Speedster under it. Ironically, the oil tank is his Speedster's first gas tank. Old "32". One little wobble crossing the bridge got my heart rate up a bit.

By the time all was done and put away, my body temperature was up and the Sun came out. No need to fire up the heater now.

The second project is to take the heads off a Flathead motor that my favorite Street Rodder gave me Thursday. It was running but they took it out of a '36 four door to put in a hot engine. It sat out 1 Winter with the manifolds off so I want to see inside before I turn it over. I don't condone the Hot Rods but have benefited from left over parts.

Hopefully I can get back to some "Wet Sanding" later.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

I am in China again so I haven't done anything on the T but my wife announced that she is very happy.

I hope it because my son put up a long desired flag pole and not because I am out of the country!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:01 am:

I went to an auction and bought a new tractor. This should take care of those pesky marshmallows Dennis. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:14 am:

Wow Pat, what a fantastic looking tractor!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:16 am:

Pat,

If that is a new tractor in Montana, what does a used one look like? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:57 am:

Dennis, it will have a flat and some rust. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Failure of the American-Standard (Flushmate) pressure flush toilet in our second floor bathroom. I replaced it today. I did spend about 15 minutes pop riveting new rubber insulators to the straps that hold the gas tank that I can't get out of my '27 touring car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 06:38 pm:

Now that we are finally getting some decent weather, it's time to play hooky and do some driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Spent the afternoon at mother in laws handling piles and piles of brush disposal. Then mowed my 88 y.o. neighbors lawn. Then after supper mowed my lawn. Oh yeah, continued the babysitting duties for dogs for two of our neighbors before all the aforementioned!! I'm pooped! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

More back porch rebuilding.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration