Carb rod on a 26

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Carb rod on a 26
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Hey guys.
Got yet A other newbie question. Working on the Tudor again :-) Installed the new NH carb from Stan Howe ( thanks Stan ) and removed the hokie choke cable someone installed in the carb adjuster hole , the old rod slips around in the swivel extension ( issue 1 ) , and what the heck holds it into the extension ?? Is it just fear that holds it or is my adjusting rod too loose because of wear ??? It looks square but.... Lotsa turtles out on the road around here because of the rain and they're just begging for a race ,, I can hear them laughing as they crawl by . Any insight or should I just buy a new rod ??
Also A few weeks ago I went by the old barn that my T roots were planted in years ago and found it on the ground .. Contacted the owners and they want the barn completely on the ground , checked it out today and in the process discovered 2 complete chassis as well as many parts int the barn .... So , after discussion , we agreed that if I got the barn down the rest of the way , I could have both cars and all the parts I could find .. Looks like I'm in the demo business for a couple weeks !! Wife's ok with it because she can get all the barn boards for her crafty stuff , Km ok with it because lotsa t parts and fun stuff :-) will post pics as soon as I can !!!! Yes I'm a bit crazy btw. Thanks for listening to me ramble !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:39 pm:

If the swivel is good on the new NH, and I'll presume it is since you got it from Stan, then you need everything on this page https://www.modeltford.com/item/4129B.aspx except the swivel. That collar goes above the hole in the adjustment rod and a cotter pin goes through the rod so it doesn't slide down. A choke control wire goes from the sleeve hole, to the carb. You may also need one or more of these https://www.modeltford.com/item/4590.aspx below the cotter pin to keep the adjusting rod from contacting the face of the dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Thanks John .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

Ordered the parts today , now on to the barn project while awaiting arrival , thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Travis, If you ordered a new reproduction carb adjusting rod (the one that goes through the dash and firewall and is square on the end opposite the knob), you cut the square end off to shorten it to fit your application, but originally, Ford made carb adjusting rods in various lengths according to the vehicle body style. If you have an original that wasn't original to your car's body style or was for a vaporizer, then the length is going to be wrong (possibly too short) which would allow it to come out of the square part of the swivel,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

Thank you Terry , the one that I have came from a roadster pick up and the square end slips around inside the sleeve of the NH , almost like the square is too small for the sleeve , the edges of it do not look rounded so... The one that was in the Tudor had been replaced by a regular style choke cable so the original one was Mia . Thanks again , your help ( as well as everyone's ) is always appreciated :-) looking forward to the parts and my new barn find salvage job !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration