OT - Dan & Joyce get their 1917? TT truck & a free gift to boot .... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Dan & Joyce get their 1917? TT truck & a free gift to boot .... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:32 am:

Dan & Joyce w/ their new TT truck ....

Mark thought it might be a 1924 or 1925 but Dan says the engine number looks to be a 1916 model.

It could be a 1917 modified for the California desert .....

Dan & Joyce got a free trailer w/ transport.

Kinda sad to see my " old " trailer go but excited to pick up my new 34 ft. trailer in a day or so .... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:40 am:

Let's see more of that TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:00 am:

Jim, any idea how many miles you pulled the old trailer. I bet she saw a lot of the US while she was with you ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Donnie,

It sounds like a lot of miles but T figure 300,000.

I average 300 to 400 miles on a good day but if I stop & visit I might not get back on the road that day ... :-)

In a year I am lucky to get 100,000 miles.

I just about cried when I drove away, I have a lot of fond memories of that trailer, but Dan & Joyce are great folks and I know it will be well cared for ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:35 am:

John,

I have just a few more ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:10 am:

Tt was bought and sold twice in the classifieds
Just a day late as chaffin beat me to the punch but then thats life
She the TT went to a good home Dan and i had 2 hour chat one night on the phone and he wealth of gun fighter history in his state Texas and just another jewell in our t and TT family
Congrats Dan and Joyce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:46 am:

That TT was a diamond in the rough. Once we opened her up, found new pistons, valves, cam and lifters. Trans appeared to have been rebuilt with great bands and field coil. Rebuilt the carb, replaced the gas tank, new points on the coils, wiring, battery, timer and fan belt. Started on the first pull and ran like a Swiss watch. Dan's going to put her to good use on his ranch. Glad she found a great new home. Thanks for all your help in getting her there Jim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Cool stories.
It can't be a 1916, they weren't made until late 17 which really makes them model year 18 at the earliest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

The oval gas tank suggests 1920 or later. The metal firewall suggests 1923 or later. It has the later front spring clip but I can't remember what year they came out. The radiator looks like a tall one, but I can't tell for sure. The bed says "Ford", so that's 1924 or later. It's hard to see much else.

Given the above along with a 1916 engine suggests to me it's a put-together truck. If I were going to assign a year to it I'd go along with Mark and say 1924/25.

Figuring out what's what with these old trucks is fun and can be challenging. Thanks for posting the photos Jim! It's always fun to look a TT over and try to figure it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

Mark - It is interesting to think that this TT is very similar to what you got when you bought a new TT back in the first few years of the TT before the factory cab appeared. You just got the chassis and had to build (or have built) a cab and whatever else you wanted behind the cab,.......and I'll bet that many farmers ended up with pretty much the same as this chassis,......just a flatbed. Great truck,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Mark,

Genuine pleasure to meet you & your Dad !

I will make it a point to stop & say hello when I am in the area next time ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Engine is a 25' with a 17' serial number. Maybe replaced somewhere along the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

Cant remember the guys name who mark bought it from said it was a 24/5 truck but its had a truely date a T or TT as maby years and many fixs and yet parts interchange

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

Nice project but the running board brackets are the early style for a car. I would like to see some close ups. Has the frame been stretched?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:50 am:

Mack,

I believe Dan said the frame has been stretched ...

Lot of bad weather in Texas since I dropped off - hope everything is o.k.

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration