Removing disc drum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Removing disc drum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Hi Gents,
would it be possible to press the trans shaft , with magnet side down, to remove the disc drum? Or just get a puller.

Thanks
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:25 am:

You need to pull the clutch hub and then remove the woodruff key first. Then it should all slide apart easily

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

John,

Listen to Les here. A buddy of mine did what you're thinking about, not realizing there is a woodruff key in the shaft. He completely destroyed all the drums and broke the flywheel in half. Not saying you would push that hard...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Got it, Thank you both

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Don't buy a cheap puller either. Some disk drums are VERY tight and can sometimes let go with a BANG! Scares me every time I have to pull one. I wrap the setup with an old towel just in case. The size of the threaded screw should be at least 5/8" and bigger is better in this case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

Ok, it came off. now how can I get the driven gear off with the puller, 2 jaw, btw.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration