1918 Touring For Sale - Michigan $3,000

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1918 Touring For Sale - Michigan $3,000
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

looks to be pretty original and complete. Owner says $3,000. I have no connection.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4986007588.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

Well now, let's tear this car apart and see what's original and what's not.
The front of the rad shell is missing (rather odd).
It has a '19 or later wishbone.
A '17 or earlier windshield.
A '19 or later dash.
'19 or later wheels.
No oil lamps and '19 or later starter car windshield brackets.
Body parts look mismatched in colour.
Looks like it was put together.
Anyone else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Three panel rear section, body looks to be 1920 or later. Looks like a good start to a car though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Do I see a 24 and up radiator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:29 am:

It has a three piece rear section, but the top saddles are the (earlier) over the top type. There is no upper hole in the panel!
There is no bolt head in the side of the body, so that means it has wooden seat frames.
It looks like the arm rests have the outside tack strip.

My guess is 1920-early 1921, with a few mis-matched parts (on a Model T ?!?)

Agreed, it is a good start if someone wants a car to restore.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 01:57 am:

Those front top irons are 22's, gosh, I'd love to see the front seat box, just to see the sides where the lower stem of those irons bolt to. With a three piece tub, and the over the rail top saddles, suggests 21, this must be either a late 20 or early 21, it has the metal "S" bracket that holds the first part of the bend piece of the tack rail and yet there's no hole for the top saddle arm that should be directly above the fender mounts hole.

Interesting car, would like to look it over, but the commute is a wee bit far for me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 02:00 am:

Hey, what's that blue thing under the front fenders? it's on both sides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 02:08 am:

Blue thing in the front fenderwell is a rare after market period correct fenderholderupper made by pepsi. Car was lightly assembled for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 02:08 am:

The way the seller has got that front axle chained down,.....besides "unsafe", it looks like a good way to end up with a bent front axle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 07:17 am:

Hey Ken, are you interested in helping me with another winter project?

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXtzr_LuoY

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration