Rewooding-RH Panel Pillar Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rewooding-RH Panel Pillar Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

1923 Touring-Low Cowl
I am struggling or probably over thinking this. Here is my problem: I am trying to determine the outside dimension for TOP of the RH Panel Pillar. The one where the RH Front door hinge will attach. I have received the dimensions from a couple of folks, one shows the outside distance as 38 5/8 between the RH & LH pillar. Another from (www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/532606.jpg),
shows the dimension as 19 5/16 from the center line, which I have established. Then to further confuse myself, I measured the outside distance of the rear of the cowl the is 37 1/8 where the cowl will match up with the top of the pillar.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????
One further quick question: Does the RH Panel Pillar tilt a bit forward at the top? The sketch shown on the above mentioned message shows that is 8 5/8 at the top and 9 distance from the Dash Pillar.

Now I am going outside to plant some potatoes.
Thank you--Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

Paul! the 9" on that drawing is for the body Mont on the frame not the rib,if any the rib may tilt back a little.if you go buy the dim on my drawing it will fit.they always have.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

Thank you Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

Charley;
Again thank you. I just finished the RH front panel pillar and curved top rail. Fit like a glove. And will do the LH side in the morning. Paul

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration