OT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

HI, I just got a battery charger that I want to use for cleaning rusty parts. The charger is a K-W Lifeguard Charger Model 06-312. Iam not able to find any info on the net. Can someone help me? It is 120 volts incoming and says 6 cells. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Each cell is typically 2 volts so it sounds like you have a 12 volt charger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Hi Scott, Thats what I was thinking. It mounts on the wall and has the heavy duty plug like a forklift uses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

I was using mine for the same thing. We had a storm blow in over night, one of the times doing it. My "use to be the good charger", is a paper weight now! I now use molasses to clean my parts. They are both the same work, a vat of solution, soak, scrub, hose off, primer. you just don't use the electricity.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Does your charger have clips to go on the battery post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

Hi Scott, No it has the heavy plastic connector. I think its the female half. But I will set up a mag starter on it and a timer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

Hi Scott, go back and look at a post from me on May 12th, 2013 at 3:50pm. I think I'm the only electrical genius on the forum who almost torched the neighborhood. It does work just be careful. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration