Cooker Cobbler Recipes (CCR) ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Cooker Cobbler Recipes (CCR) ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

My Wife asked me to put out a request for manifold cooker cobbler recipes. We saw the recipe #32 in the cookbook and wondered if there were others?

Thanks
Kirk for Susan
Santa Fe, NM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

Kirk - Beth and I followed the instructions on the "JIFFY" mix box for peach cobbler. We substituted the milk that was called for in the recipie with the juice in the canned peaches. We drove about 25 miles and it turned out very good, we shared it with several people on the Canyonlands Tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 09:19 am:

Mike
Thank you and Beth. Susan is considering using up to 4 cookers to feed 30 people cobbler with ice cream on one day of our Silver City Tour in SW NM. I asked how we would keep the ice cream. Susan told me we would use individual ice cream cups.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson Salty Bottom, AL on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:00 am:

This was served on a Tennessee T's tour a few years ago:

Granny’s Apple Crisp

2-3 yellow apples (sliced)
½ cup sugar *or* ½ cup Splenda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
Toss apples in and put into baking dish (greased). Top w/several slices of margarine.

½ cup margarine
¾ cup flour
1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
1 cup brown sugar *or* ½ cup brown sugar Splenda
Mix together flour, sugar, oats, melted margarine & mix together. Crumble over apple mixture.

Bake 400° for 30-35 min- serve warm w/ice cream -or-
Drive 35 miles in your Model T using your manifold cooker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Thanks Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Years ago, when we often tent camped, we had a cast-iron Dutch oven. At the local Boy Scout store, I bought a Dutch oven cookbook. A favorite (and very easy) recipe was for peach cobbler. It was good by itself, and even better with ice cream.

I have always assumed that it would work in a manifold cooker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

Thanks Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

So, do these manifold recipes assume the car has a water pump or thermosiphon system? Also, round tube or flat tube radiator? What about pure water or a blend of water and antifreeze? There are just soooo many variables. :-):-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's actually a lot of fun and I know it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

@Bill,

Are you sure on the Splenda equivalent being 1:1? I thought splenda was way way sweeter ounce per ounce, than sugar?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Henry
To address the variables you mentioned.
The addition of this temp gauge inspired by Tom Carnegie to indicate block temperature can also be used to measure the cooker temperature. (160 deg grin)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

Next thing you know there will be a dash mounted kitchen timer. :-)

Kirk, where's your reverse pedal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Gee, thanks Henry.
I don't know.
I try not to look back. grin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

The manifold cooker subject begs this true story. For several years our club summer tour had an ice cream night for about 130 to 150 participants. My son and I have cookers for our Ts. I created a blue berry topping that we brought to the ice cream party after driving several miles (about 20). On this night we were driving back to the party and my son signaled that he needed to stop for gas. We pulled into the pumps and while the tank was being filled, my son wanted to check the blue berries in his cooker. He opened the hood and then the cooker lid to inspect. An older gentleman approached to see what the engine looked like. He asked, "what is in that thing on the engine?". My son replied, "blue berries". The old guy shook his head and said, "you mean this car runs on blue berries?". My son didn't say anything but closed the hood and finished filling the gas tank.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration