Carriage lamp question OT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Carriage lamp question OT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

I found a set of Grey and Davis 104 cairrage lamps in a barn when I was looking for some model t parts. I kicked myself for not getting them then, but this weekend I ran I to the guy at a swap meet and I caved and bought them with a small pile of other stuff. When I got home I decided to research them and came up with next to nothing on the interweb so I figured that I could try and ask a few questions on here.
Did anyone ever put this side lamp on a model T or were they only on the higher end cars like Cadillac?
If I get tired of looking at them on the shelf, what are they worth if I want to sell them? They only have a few minor dings and dent, and all the glass is in awesome shape.
Would it hurt to take some brasso and carefully polish them up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 08:53 am:

Sorry Daniel but they are absolutely valueless. So you should send them to me with utmost dispatch and I'll refund shipping costs by return mail......all seriousness aside, they're gorgeous. Not being a lamp expert, I'd say they're circa '11-'13. They're post bale handle and post 3 tier chimney but pre black and brass. And I second your suspicions that they're for high end autos. If I needed them for a restoration and you presented them for sale; I'd pay upwards of $ 650-$700 for the pair. HCCA Classifieds would be your best bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Wow, that's good news. I'm afraid to say what I got them for! Would it hurt to polish them up carefully?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

I would leave them just as they are. The next persons car may have just the same patina or they can polish them to their standards.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration