22 buick & others horn button

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 22 buick & others horn button
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 01:15 am:

I'm doing volunteer work on a local museum's 1922 Buick. Erik B. did a great job making it run again, now I'm "dressing it up" fixing the horn, etc.
The Horn button is DOA, as unfortunately is the back up unit I had. Here's some pics of the button assembly. The Copper tube is about 1" in diameter and is held in the aluminum spark lever by a small (#4?) set screw on the side. Thinking this button unit was likely used on other cars too--anyone have a lead for me??
I "stole" these pics from someone's posting on the AACA Buick prewar forum, hope I'm not badly breaking any copywrite laws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 01:40 am:

David, you're not, unless the picture has some copyright mark and or a name, or if there some restriction on their forum about their use, they're public domain the instant they're posted. That's why any pictures I see here that applies to my project I take and archive for future use.

As to the button can't help there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:08 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/330836.html

You are sorely wrong according to Jim Thode, "Every photo taken is automatically copyrighted when taken, no matter if it is marked as copyright or not. 

Posting photos on this forum does not strip the photo owner of their copyright rights. "

I received a verbal lashing for using a photo posted on this public forum. In this post that has more info:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:39 am:

If I needed to copy a photo from this forum to post again on this forum on another topic I would just do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Hmm, well, since I'm using the photo to provide a description of the part I'm looking for, I think my use is pretty benign--and I'm not claiming I have any rights to the photo--if I could figure out whose it is, I'd credit them. All I can do is thank them, as our button is so bad, I really didn't know just what a complete one looked like.
And I thought I'd put "OT" in my thread title, but I notice it's not there. ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

Any chance it is a match to this? Button 1 1/8" OD, small diameter underneath 5/8" diameter

a

aa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Layden
The button part looks right, maybe that's the "main guts" to one??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

David,
Send me your address and "maybe" I can part with " one". Yes they are NOS.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Egads!! done.
Maybe two, in case I mess up??
Many Thanks!
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Prideaux on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 08:33 am:

My Hupps have near identical. Not the first time I have seen Buick and Hupp parts the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 08:19 am:

David,

Last I saw there was a 1922 Buick horn button on eBay.

Willis

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration