Nice 1918 Coupelet on eBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Nice 1918 Coupelet on eBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Pillarless-Coupe-/191563112393?forcerrptr=t rue&hash=item2c9a0d1fc9&item=191563112393

This must be one of the nicest ones out there. AACA National Senior winner 2001 and Grand National winner 2004.

I have no connection, just passing it along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 02:03 pm:

wow!!!$37,500.00 for a black coupe.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 02:31 pm:

Was listed at 44k last week, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

I know the car and have driven it. Certainly needs mechanical sorting out, and as a good guess was restored to show and not to be a driver.

It was for sale then by the owner, who is now about a year deceased. He was asking $25,000 and got no takers for many years. Apparently his estate has received some, let's say, optimistic advice regarding the car's value.

Still, a neat car. I hope somebody someday can give it a good home for what it's really worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

I like that! "Optimistic advice". It does look like a nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

Any idea what the little block is mounted to the firewall to the right of the coil box?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

That's the coil for the light dimmer. The idea was to dim magneto powered lights as to not blow out the bulbs.

The horn button also served as the light switch (twist the horn button for the light switch). I has three positions - off and two on positions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

Hmm, kinda like a Lucas light switch--it has three positions too: Off, On, Flicker
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 08:26 am:

It is beautiful. Maybe some uninformed person with lots of dough will buy it, but no bids so far.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration