2 More new items from Bob's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2 More new items from Bob's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

The T-3008-or water outlet bolts with thick head
T-3018 Water inlet bolts
these are for the early cars with the thick head
will work on all Model T Fords
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

Good deal. On first thought it might seem that with so may millions of fasteners made that there would be plenty of originals around. But over the decades they've often been thrown away and replaced with more modern versions. Some are really scarce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

Good work Bob. As Steve says, these can be hard to find these days. I have been known to swap them out of later cars and given in the correct ones.

The trouble with CNC machined parts is they look altogether too good. The flanged nuts for the Kelsey loose lug rims are the same way. Being stamped originally, they all have an inbuilt slightly distressed look. A heavy dose of knotted wire brush on a bench grinder works wonders knocking off those sharp edges. Without Bob's efforts though, we would not have the stock to work with. Well done.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

I think that is called a fillister head bolt.
Am I right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

For what years are these correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

What part numbers & prices are the new spring center bolts? Couldn't find them on the website!
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 03:52 am:

Nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 07:44 am:

I was surprised to see my '13 actually has these on the inlet/outlets. Now I gotta change out the others!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 09:22 am:

1909-14 on the inlet & outlet bolts
part # T-3008-OR Outlet bolt 3.75 ea.
T-3016-OR Inlet bolt 4.00 ea.
T-3811-OR Front spring tie bolt
original type 6.25 ea.
T-3838-OR Rear spring tie bolt
original type 6.50 ea.
I am sorry for the web site not being updated as there are only two of us here and after everything going on working seven days a week it is hard to get everything back in order fast
please note we will have the store open for Little Hershey swap meet so come in and dig, and find your treasures May 16th Saturday 9-4.30
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Bob,
Thanks!!!My question wasn't meant to be critical--just needed the info so I can order them--know you must be scrambling to get everything back in order! (Pun intended!!) :-)
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Not to worry just been crazy here, working on getting the 1915-16 horn button shells made also, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

Well, my bolts sets are ordered, did it by phone--on dial-up that's just easier!
Neat, horn buttons, very good, unfortunately, I already have mine (made my own button part with a plaster mold and some casting resin. Looks good & works, but took a lot of time! (and long enough ago, I forget just how I did it--I remember it took a few tries).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

The 1926-27 thick rounded head water inlet and outlet bolts were never reproduced either.

That would be another good project for Bob.

I hadn't ordered anything from Bob for quite some time, as I thought I heard a rumor that he was out of business.

I called him on Monday to order a headlight rim removal tool and it arrived today.

A very nice reproduction that fits perfectly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

How many would like the 26-7 dome head bolts need to make 500

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 09:23 am:

Bob:

In Stainless? or Nickel plate? Or?

Can you post a pre-order link on your web site? I need at least one set Nickel or Stainless,

Respectfully,

jb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration