Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

Less than one month away. Just updated the vendor list on the website. Go to www.mapwsm.com and visit the About page.
More to be posted later.
Thanks, Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

I may be able to get ONE whole day off of work and am thinking about heading to Luray. It's 600 miles of driving round trip in a day. That being said, would the vendors who've registered, and see this post, be willing to say what they are going to bring? I'm not looking for an exhaustive list of every item, but rather a few highlights of what will be available would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. MM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

I have a trailer load of all kinds of stuff I am bringing. Be there Thursday - Sat. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

Mark,
sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

I have a 26 roadster and I'm looking for a 4 dip oil pan with a GOOD radius rod ball socket or just a good socket, old engine rebuilding tools such as a ridge reamer and valve stem "length" grinder, possibly a complete distributor setup, large drum rear end housings, maybe an OHV setup, TT rear wheels and bargains too good to pass up whether I need the parts or not... And, the time to actually work on my car...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Mark,you don't need a ridge reamer for a Model T. I have some 26-27 rear end housings if you don't find any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

The Swap meet is this week. Last minute update. We now have over 50 spaces sold and more are interested in setting up. We have two retail Parts suppliers setting up at the meet. They are Maders A & T Parts from Staunton VA and Smith & Jones A & T Parts from SC. So if you need something and want to pick it up at the meet I am sure they will be glad to take care of you. Looks like a lot of Model A & T parts will be on sale at this meet. Good opportunity to find that hard to get treasure. Hope to see everyone in Luray this week.

Mark I am sure you will have a good chance to find the things you need at this meet. I have the rearend housings, TT wheels and pan you can look at if you come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 06:43 am:

Is the swap meet going to be in the Caverns parking lot where the museum is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 06:49 am:

James ,The swap meet is held at the VFW Post 621 , 218 Veterans Lane Luray VA about 4 miles east of the caverns on RT 211.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 06:53 am:

Thank you Dennis.... I plan to head down there on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

Stopped by the Caverns Car Museum Warehouse Today and saw some of the items they are bringing to the swap meet. There is a set of Ford Model N headlights complete with good reflectors and no major dents. Lots of late teens to 20's sidelights, box full of speedometer heads and many parts. Many other headlights of all types . Other things also we did not see. See ya soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 05:07 am:

Be there tomorrow, just about to hit the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 07:16 am:

Due to a Injury on a High Wheel Bicycle I wont be at Luray. I had two spots. Was bring a KRW pan table and alot of other good stuff.
Right foot is messed up.
I was so pumped up to be there. Yall have fun and post some pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 09:40 am:

Hey, I'm looking at maybe going, but if not:

I'm looking for a wire wheel hub (stock wire wheels). If anyone sees one in decent shape, I'd be happy to buy it. I'd rather not have to buy a new one for $300. The one I have has been welded on and I can't get the race to seat in it correctly for anything.

I have brand new inner and outer races, just need a new hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Well ,the field is laid out and vendors are all ready to set up in the morning. Weather is looking great with highs in the mid 70's and low humidity. This will be a great opportunity to get some great parts. I have already seen 7- 4 dip pans that will be for sale and many other T parts for sale.

Dan, See you Tomorrow

Fred, I am sorry to hear you will not make it. We will try to have pictures to post. Hope you recover soon and heal well.

Seth, Hope you do make it to the swap meet. Do you need front or rear hub?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Baker on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

I'm halfway thru packing up ALL my prewar stuff. Have a box of door/window handles that have never been to a swap meet. Half the stuff is so old I don't know what the heck it is... looking to move this stuff out. Anyone recognize the unknown tool in left lower corner; maybe a pedal depressor mechanics friend... ? I'm arriving Friday early AM. -Ramblin Randy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:52 am:

Hey Dennis, I'm looking for a front hub please sir!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

Dr. Fixed me up. Truck is loaded. See yell Friday morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

Wish I was there, but not able. We do have some members of our local AACA Region (Tidewater) out there vending, and maybe will have a few more spending some $$. Already got a phone call asking questions about some parts so managed to hear the swap meet, even if I couldn't see it this time. Hope someone gets lots of pictures - including parts on vendors tables so I can see what I missed. Next time for sure! Anyone got any antique spark plugs for me?
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Baker on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

This new show surpassed my expectations this weekend...! There were some 25-30 vendors on the field. Located on the grounds of the local VFW the volunteers from the post were super nice and very supportive, and their pulled pork samiches were quite tasty. Local business was also very supportive as each vendor was given a pass ($26 value wow) to see the local cave and car museum in Luray. On Saturday people were walking around handing out doughnuts ( still warm freshly made ) that were as good as any doughnut you'll ever find. Tip to Dennis who's store makes the doughnuts... you better make more next year... and I'm preordering a dozen.

To quote one of the attendies: "This is a real show, no crap, all parts"

Hoping for a better crowd next year as attendance was very light. On the otherhand we the vendors made the effort. Vendors drove in from as far as Florida, Alabama and Pennsylvania, and with a good showing we did our part. Next year it's your turn, you the buyers, to show some support and make the effort. Much to see and do in the Shanadoah Valley, the mountains and fresh air are worth the drive.

Photo Below: Jerry and his 1925 Ford TT Truck had the wrong jack under the seat. After some horse trading and some cash he now has the correct Ford Script jack. He has horns, bells and sirens under the hood and had a hoot of a good time doing laps around the show field..!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Randy is correct... this was a real event. I came home with some great stuff including an early 15 differential housing, a carb stove for a 13 and a bunch of other parts. The event was small, but I remember my Grandfather telling me that Hershey started with 8 vendors. So this was a great showing and I'm already looking forward to next year... Thanks Dennis..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

I did not get down till Saturday morning.It was in a beautiful setting. A lot of the venders had left,or were loading up when I got there. Dennis
did a excellent job setting it up. There were a few brass car parts and a lot of black t parts.
Like James Lyons said" Hershey started small". It would be nice to have Flea market on the east coast that had nothing but Motel T parts and Model A parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

I would like to thank Dennis and everyone else that helped to put on this great event!

It was obvious that they put a lot of work into the planning because everything was well organized and operated smoothly.

Out of all of the vendors easily 90-95% of the stuff for sale was Model T or A parts. It was great meeting and talking with all of the other vendors and shoppers. All good company!

I did great both buying and selling. I made enough off of the parts I sold to cover the parts I bought, my vendor space, and hotel room (got a great rate by mentioning the show when I made reservations, thanks again to Dennis!). Plus, I still came home with some cash in my pocket to put in my "Hershey" fund!

If you didn't make it this year you missed out. Make sure you add it to your calendars for next year. I know I will!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Baker on Monday, May 18, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Photo below was Friday middle of the day... wishing I could have gotten the mountains into the photo as they were to be seen in all directions. The underside of Luray was even more interesting as I took the time to visit/explore the deepest cave in the east.

My favorite vendor was a little couple who had buckets of tools, jacks and correct handles, advertising tins, military, and misc stuff from years gone by. I complimented them on their wide variety, they replied back they inherited all this stuff and were doing their best to find it new homes. Bought from them a C-1 Jack and a 1925 ModelT jack to add to my collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

Was indeed a great new swap meet for T's.

Here are a few of the goodies you missed, some real nice parts finds for me too. Great weather, swell folks!

Check out this stationary engine for sale, and look at the old time craftsmanship in building the governor.

Nice use of some clutch spring fingers!

Brass top coils too.

Need some gearing change? :-)

And horns too boot!

Fun time.... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration