OT Early Ford starting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Early Ford starting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 08:18 am:

This picture is from a recent horseless carriage tour around Parker Dam. It's labeled 1905 Model N. There's no crank in front. How do you start it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 08:29 am:

It's not a "N" It's a "F" and you crank it from the side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 08:37 am:

Steve, it's a Model F. 12 hp two cyl, cranked from the right side. My guess is it belongs to Carl Pate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 08:52 am:

Am I correct in thinking that in a Ford Model F the engine is under the seat? I seem to remember seeing a photo or drawing that showed there is no engine under that hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 09:12 am:

Yes the engine is under the seat . There is a water tank under the hood .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 09:58 am:

https://youtu.be/__h7Z5QwVvs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Vintage Ford volume 5 no. 6 (Nov-Dec 1970) had a wonderful article including many pictures of an unrestored Model F. It shows the car with body on and off. Nearly every detail of the car is shown. It made a severe impact on my impressionable mind at the time and took me 35 years to acquire a 2 cyl car.
Early Ford Registry also has some nice pictures also.
Steve, thanks for posting that great picture of the F with those beautiful Gray and Davis "Bullet" lamps.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:31 am:

http://dunlavy.us/modelf/index.html
Here is all the info anyone could want for the Ford model f!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:47 am:

David and Richard, thank you for the video and references. Below is a specifications page from a 1906 Ford Motor Co. sales catalog:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration