Old Photo - A Boy And His First Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - A Boy And His First Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 10:25 am:

Judging from the bell bottoms that wasn't that long ago.... OOPS giving away my tenure on earth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:09 am:

Bell bottom pants were popular in the 20's and 30's too, the 70's was just a rehash. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:17 am:

I think Mark has a point. The bell bottoms said 70's to me, but the rest of the photo says late 1940's or possibly early 1950's. The Panama hat suggests early 1950's. Maybe the boy's mom made up the ensemble to fit her idea of a "gay young blade" of the the 1920's just for the picture.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:30 am:

"Gay young blade" ???

You are dating yourself with that verbiage

That phrase has a whole new meaning today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:47 am:

I was thinking more along the lines of Rudolph Valentino;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_Valentino

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Must have been before telephone - the homing pigeon house is on the wall !

Notice the top saddle "body plugs" still intact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

Nice hat...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Jerry - Pretty sure he "won" that paper had in the last carnival that came to town,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Dang,.....poofread, poofread,......HAT, not had!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Harold,

"won"

I like the quotes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

I agree with Mark. Young lad posing as a Valentino wanna be. As many would Elvis later.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration