OT. I think I found me a computer :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT. I think I found me a computer :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 08:22 am:

When I was going to Stanly Technical College 1985-88 ,we were programing apple 2 E's I think. I barely remember it all.
Do you think I can hook this to the new Google Fiber Internet? :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-1976-Apple-1-computer-garage-Steve-Jobs-/271836061 695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4ab11fff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 08:32 am:

At $79K it's a steal!!
Probably works better than those computers with that crappy Windows 8!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:35 am:

Mack,

During my internment at Lawrence Tech, 1983 - 1987, I ran Fortran programs on our school's VAX computer using keypunch cards. We were the last group to do so. The next semester they installed Apples. I have since seen keypunch machines, exactly like the ones we used, in museums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hwdcne on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Wife and I toured a US aircraft carrier that was mothballed and stored in the San Diego harbor. They showed us the computer room and in the corner of the explanation info. they showed a small smart phone. It compared the technology in a smart phone compared to the on board computer of the mid 70's era. To duplicate the capability of a modern smart phone with the technology they had back in the 70's would take 2/3 of the space of the entire ship! Just incredible!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 11:50 am:

In 1971 with the launch of space exploration, the using a 386 processor later a 8086 chip stuff was sent off to the ends off universe to find ET. In 2002, NASA had a problem; the stuff sent off to the ends of the solar system and beyond was still functioning. What to do? Make a note to ebay. Anyone having 8086 chips or related equipment data please contact NASA -- cause data was still coming in with 21 year old equipment. In 2013, at 12 billion miles from Earth, the data took 17 hours to reach us, radio waves travel 186,000 miles/s.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration