1927 coupe seat dimensions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1927 coupe seat dimensions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Can anyone supply me with the length, width, and thickness of both seat bottom springs and back rest springs. for a late 1927 coupe? Might have a set lined up but they appear to be from a model A. Thanks in advance. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

Call Snyders,and ask them for measurements.They are usually very helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

This is a '26 coupe bottom seat frame. It should be the same as the '27.1114131652 (Medium).jpg

You should be able to take the measurements off the seat riser. The original was 3/4" thick, I made this frame 5/4" because the owner wanted to sit a bit higher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Harvey, I have a set of seat cushions from my grandfather's 27 coupe. They are currently upholstered in black naugahyde with three inch wide pleats similar to what the open cars had. Also included are the door panels, also done in black naugahyde. The springs are original. the wood on them is not. They would be good for a driver or rat rod, or take the naugahyde off and reupholster them in the correct cloth. Contact me if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:03 am:

This is the original bottom seat frame. I don't have the back frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:06 am:

I can tell you that there are 9 springs across the platform, and 4 rows front to back. They are linked to each other and to top and bottom wire frames. The bottom wire frame is the same shape as the wood frame, but about 0.5" in from each edge.
The top frame comes further forward. I doubt you can replicate this without a pattern or a proper seat cover. My seats have pockets about 4" wide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:29 am:

Terry, I have sent you a PM. Harv

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration