Digital tach

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Digital tach
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Has anyone used something like this on their T or other application that Rpm's is important?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Photo-Laser-Contact-Tachometer-Motor-DT2234A-GBW -/171752734563?hash=item27fd42bf63

I am in need of a universal type tach for lawnmowers,and cars and what not and this is reasonable in price and looks like something I could use.The shipping time is no concern. I bought a clock mechanism from them and it came just as it was promised. Almost a month after purchase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

that looks good I think I will buy 1 also. that will be handy for a lot of things. thank you for the tip Mack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 11:47 am:

http://www.tinytach.com/
Garrett Green runs a Tiny Tach. in the Montana 500. It is an induction tach, it requires no batteries, has two wire leads one ground, and one that wraps around a spark plug wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

There are Chinese knock-offs of the Tiny Tach that can be had for substantially less money - there are a lot of them on eBay.

Harbor Freight also sells a photo tachometer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

The Tiny Tachs DO have an internal battery which you can't replace when it goes dead - you just throw the tach in the garbage then.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 12:01 am:

I have one like that, works good. Came with a couple of strips of sticky back reflective tape that you cut off a small piece and stick onto the shaft or pulley that you want to measure the speed of.
I see that one uses 3 X AA batteries, mine uses 1 X 9 volt battery.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration