Novice question on a couple of parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Novice question on a couple of parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:34 am:

Hi all - I am looking to mount a set of stock (most likely Rootlieb unless a perfect set lands in my lap close to home) fenders, running boards and splash guards on my '14 T Speedster project.

As near as I can tell, the fender irons and running board mounting brackets are not reproduced? My question on the originals is, are there any differences in these I should look for. As it is a speedster, I am not as concerned about authenticity as much as buying the proper parts that will fit. With swap meet season coming up I want to knock a few parts off the list.

Thanks - Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:31 am:

They sell the rear fender irons, I have original front fender irons and running board brackets for sale, Bob
815-633-7244

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

Steve I think I have a set of front and rear fender irons Email me at svibert102@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:00 am:

Thanks guys. Spencer I received your email and will be in touch, likewise, Bob, I am thinking these are fairly heavy from a shipping perspective and Spencer is just up the road.

But the basic question is - are the fender irons the same for ALL years, or are there variances that impact fitment of fenders or lights? early lights (gas style even if electrified) are the plan.

Also, same with runningboard brackets - '19 - '27 all same from a fitment perspective?

THANKS

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

26-27 fender brackets are totally different.
19 to 25 front brackets are all the same. Touring and roadster rears are different in the place they attach. Roaster brackets might work better for a speedster.

Running board supports changed in 1921 from forged with a tie rod to steel one piece channels much stronger. check the holes in your frame.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration